1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Ebay

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Speed, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hi All.
    I cant seem to post a link but anybody know this bike or any comments it looks really good
    eBay item number:

2. Thank you sir

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks well cared for, a bit too blinged up for my liking though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's a tacky excuse with cheap and nasty aftermarket parts and I'm still unsure if the later 996 monopostas had the biposta subframe or not. Way over priced IMO. Andy

5. "The ‘correct’ original Gold Marchesini 5 spoke wheels, which look stunning and with no marks/pitting or scratches, they still have the original marchesini stickers on the rims"

That don't sound right at all.

6. Fake everything...forks and steering damper are standard with Ohlins stickers.
    Brown paint on yoke for pretend magnesium look.
    Ally wheels painted gold to look like magnesium.
    Awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you very much chaps, enough to make me pass as quite a lot of your comments I hadnt clocked, glad I asked the experts!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Was hoping he at least added Ohlins fork cartridge since the description states Ohlins..but no it is Showa. LOL
    Why would someone do this? Genuine mistake or deliberate misleading?

It might be a good bike...but you could get a 998 for the same monies if you are patient.
    I had to wait 1 year for the right one to turn up..I was looking for 998s..and ended up with a 998s FE for £4k more than the advertised bike with only 4200miles on the clock. :)

9. Another good comment, many thanks patience is a virtue and I will learn , many thanks again

10. I like the paddock stand - looks OEM to me!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. All covered by previous comments, looks looked after but false and in my opinion the gold looks tacky.
    Steve

12. It's the only thing that is :D. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information