1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Ecu Error "fan 18.2"

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Anto, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Hi All,

Just got my 1098S back from having the fork seals done (grrrr...) and when I went to turn it on I got the amber engine warning light accompanied by Error FAN 18.2

Did some searching and it seems that this is generally a sign that the fuse has blown and is often caused by something obstructing one of the fans. Both fans can be spun freely by hand so no issue there but my question is where is the fuse located...? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I have no manual :Angelic:

Only owned it a few weeks and second problem already, haven't even ridden it yet :) Oh the joys....!

Thanks in advance....

2. Fuse box is located on the left side of the bike, remover side panel and its a rubber box behind the top coolant hose... Its a 7.5 fuse you'll be checking. The fan relay is a common fault, you'll need to remove the battery and loosen the battery box to gain access to those. There are several causes so hopefully yours will simply be the fuse, it could be a temperature sender or even a faulty fan.

Good luck.

3. If the fuse is ok and you move on to the relays make sure you clean up the socket side. The relays are about 4 quid from auto electricians. Don't know what Ducati charge
    I have the fault did all the checks and the light stays on. I fitted a manual switch in the end rarely have to use it.
    The 1098 unlike the earlier bikes only has one temp sensor. It's working on mine because the temp on the dash still works. I just put up with the light being on

Do Not Sell My Personal Information