1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Post Issues

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by noobie, May 7, 2020.

1. What's the latest re. the edit facility then? Is it going to return? Eh, eh? - and the facepalms.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. I never pay attention ro WHERE I am on the forum...
    But one time last week I saw I could not. Since then I have edited everything i wanted to. I only become aware when someone says that they cannot...
    YET, I think to myself that I did in that same thread???

Rex

3. If you press on tools you can edit your post
    What are you wanting to edit

4. I notice there's no edit or delete function in Speakers Corner. Maybe also in other areas too? Is there a tech fault?
    Nothing needs changing at the mo. - but bound to be in the future, who knows?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. i noticed this too wanted to delete a post but cant is that feature removed ??

6. Can you try now?

7. its in the speakers section so that might be the issue but i cant delete or edit the post i had a quick look there ?

8. Can you try again now?

9. sorted now thanks a million Rob !!

• Like Like x 1
  10. @Rob

Thanks for finally sorting that tech problem. :upyeah:

Now then, about the facepalms.......:)

Seriously though, is there a proper, bona fide reason why it is banned? Is anyone actually offended (any more than the Nuke - or for that matter Roll Eyes or Poop)?

Is there a poll to get rid?
    When the subject of removing negative emojis was raised in another thread there were eleven emojis typed - not a single one "agreed".

Obviously, similar to swear words, if members use any emoji in an uncontrolled, malicious way then that's not good at all and said naughty members should be very slowly shot at dawn...... but swear words are still allowed.

If someone in authority can give a reasoned, coherent explanation then let's hear it. Otherwise, doesn't it look ridiculous? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Why do we need the facepalm?
    When you can type OMFG! or Oh my F-ing God! I cannot believe...
    Or many things similar.

TBH I have never been a big Emoji user

Rex

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. FTFY, you're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  13. I'm not sure of the benefit of Emoji's when used on a post you dis-like just scroll through it, however we still have the thumbs down, disagree and still the dreaded Nuke to vent our dis-pleasure.

14. Have a read of this......interestingly, one of the "agrees" belongs to the very lovely admin. Lady in Red, Ducbird.

upload_2020-6-15_0-10-27.png

• Love You Love You x 1
  15. I believe a raft of measures were put in place by Rob the site owner to reduce calls on his time and make the forum a more stable place.
    Blocking - the new enhanced ignore appears to be the most effective. Left, right and soya latte can now choose to no longer interact.
    I don't believe Db is responsible for the lack of a facepalm.

16. The forum was updated recently
    I believe that’s when the row of emojis changed

You wouldn’t believe what issues they cause :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  17. hmmm.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information