1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editorial Control Of Technical Threads

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by AirCon, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Just a thought, but I think it would be a good idea for the OP of a thread (in the technical sections) to have the ability to delete frivolous posts.
    e.g.
    These are whole posts as examples...
    "in fairness i havn't got neither the time or the crayons to explain it to you..."
    "nah im cleverer than that..."
    "Hold on. You’re about to be accused of it being a bloke down the pub and it will now be used in almost every post."

Each one of these actually breaches our current rules on posting.

You know the sort of stuff that bleeds over from the speakers corner etc.

Perhaps these new powers would have a set of serious rules on what should and shouldn't be deleted.
    For example where the post has nothing to do with the subject in anyway, then the OP should be able to delete it. clearly if someone was just disagreeing or put an alternative point of solution that should remain.

I think with this new ability the threads would become more useful and the regular bunch of interlopers would eventually modify their posts or desist and return to the "not so serious" thread or speakers corner.

El T and DB haven't got the time to do this, but perhaps the OP is invested in creating something useful for others.

Please discuss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. This is the internet, if someone posts something for everyone in the world to see then anyone in the world should be able to comment. What you want might be fine in North Korea, but not anywhere else. Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If it ain't broke don't fix it................in my opinion:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. perhaps they could position it next to the emergency sense of humour failure button?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OK...
    What about after a week or so the thread was tidied to make it more technical and less bitchy / down the pub laddish etc...
    Once everyone had their say....
    I only mean the technical threads..... where there is a specific issue to be discussed / fixed etc.
    Clearly the political threads etc stay as they are.

6. Full set of humour here, but I mean the technical threads.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. The system is broken (IMHO).... hence my suggestion at a fix.

8. who vets said thread to say that the "technical" content is correct?

what annoys me far more is the "expert" suggesting something or the way to do something, that is complete and utter bollox!

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. I think that Aircon should set up his own anti Lithium battery forum so that he can remove any threads where someone does not agree with him. :grinning:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. I think the best/simplest way is that if an OP thinks a post has gone off topic and has subsequently become ineffective then they can PM me/ @Ducbird with the posts they feel are a problem and we can deal with it accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Example;What are you having for dinner tonight:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  12. Yep. Some of the stuff you've posted on that thread is unfounded rubbish. Hearsay.
    And is actually dangerous and harmful to the motorcycle. Please talk to your contact again, as I strongly believe that you've misunderstood his message.

#13 AirCon, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
  13. I like lithium batteries. ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OK... at least this thread is acting as a sacrificial anode to the technical thread....:confused: :yum

15. I never said it would remove conflicting information, just the dross.... not on message stuff.
    You don't agree with me, but sadly you are wrong and will go very quiet when you eventually realise such.
    I lived and breathed this stuff since I was a kid; at 8 years old I could have run rings around your current understanding of the issue being discussed.:yum:yum:eyes:

#16 AirCon, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. is this the bit that bradders was referring to....:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Who?

18. And off to the wasteland this goes before it becomes a bun fight

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1