1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bicycles

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 6, 2020.

1. see post #21 :p

2. YES!

he said having no idea of the price!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Top spec is only - erm £6k - which is surprisingly cheap for such a normally expensive maker - still about £6k more than I'm prepared to spend :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Because I am still 8 years old in my head, when riding on loose surfaces I would yank on the rear brake in order to back it in (see pic for example). However, one time I overdid it, then panicked and released the brake too quickly which caused the tyre to re-grip and the bike went into a classic high-side, albeit at only 20mph or so. o_O

423E3549-67F2-44B4-B88F-6965746A7724.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. I found one for 5k on Wiggle - bargain!

6. I don't really fancy that. If it doesn't work then it becomes an argument, "you didn't fit it properly" "yes I did" "no you didn't" etc,etc, etc.

I prefer the more expensive route because if there was to be any problem, then it's their fault. No argument.

I prefer blaming other people - even if it is my fault!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Since posting my original reply in which I basically said "pay cheap, you pay twice", I remembered that I also bought the girlf an eBike off eBay for £600 as a bday pressie 2 years ago and although it is the cheapest out of the 4 I've bought, it's been the most reliable and hasn't given her any trouble.

But generally, you do get what you pay for with eBikes and after sales care is very important.

#28 Zhed46, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  8. That'll be the standard Ultegra, not Di2 - I mean, if you're going to plug the thing in....... :D

It still seems like a bargain for Colnago (relatively speaking) :bucktooth:

9. There is a Colnago dealer in Cirencester which is not that far (and a good ride - past the source of the River Thames) and so I will go in a few months (if I get my driving licence back) over to Ciren and visit the dealer for a chat. Thanks for all the help.

If I don't get anywhere with DVLA, then I shall probably just get the Ducati. Looks quite cheap now after some of the other manufacturers!

10. And now Amazon have got their hooks in!
    upload_2020-8-7_12-48-9.png

I have an Amazon add-in loaded on my browser that peruses my browsing history. It's very random and usually tries to sell me woman's makeup, padded bras, or children's' toys! Actually, I think that I will dump it as it is just irritating and not useful at all. You have to be able to read my mind to be useful and even Amazon can't do that - although they like to think so!

11. Extension dumped. Ahhh peace.......

12. I bought one of these for the wife so we can go out together on long rides; highly recommend the eMTB bikes:
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2020/e-bikes...e-reaction-hybrid-pro-500-iridiumnblack-2020/
    If you're not a really serious MTB rider, you won't need the full suspension and this hardtail is a little lighter (still bloody heavy at 22.5kgs I think) but the good bit is, it's got good kit and costs JUST £2100. Bosch motor is the new relaible one but it is a bit whiney compared to Shimano/Yamaha. Recommend that you buy new to avoid reliability issues.
    I've used it a few times and really enjoyed it. Range is 65-75 miles depending upon how much assisitance you dial in. Rides OK with a flat battery. My fault as I had done 77 miles....
    PS - They can be re-chipped to take away the 16mph limit ;)

• Useful Useful x 2
  13. Where do you put that oil drum sized battery when riding? :thinkingface:

14. It is very light so you can just drag it along - I assume. Amazon will know!

15. All the clanging will make it sound like a Ducati - cool:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Don't buy that one as the battery is only 8ah and won't get you much further than the end of your garden path and back again. 12ah is an absolute minimum IME, but spec more if you live in a hilly part of the world.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Five grand specialized. Great at my age.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. trek firefly it cost around £2.500 bosch motor. great bit of kit it means i can keep up with the grand kids on the forrest trails

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Practical women! Pah!

I discussed my brilliant electric bike idea with my physio, today. We used some steps to mimic getting on a bike. I can't flipping do it!

So, back to square one!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information