1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electric Bikes - Testing The Zero Sr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by El Toro, Oct 12, 2017.

1. As and when electric vehicles become the majority then Government will indeed have to find the lost revenue from somewhere. They've already changed the rules to claw back lost road tax from the past few years on low emission vehicles.

My guess is that the electric cars will attract higher taxes again (on a par with fossil fuel taxes) to pay for the pollution that generating the electricity with fossil fuels is causing.

2. Most likely I think is you will pay to drive anywhere, each vehicle will be tracked and charged according to usage. Fail to pay and it will be remotely disabled until your debt is settled. Might sound far fetched but the technology will be available if it isn't already and big brother will dominate our lives a little more. Fingers crossed I will be gone or at least no longer driving.

3. Bollocks to them. Buy a supercharger and get fracking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. For gods sake, government need 'X' is everyone on 'ignore fat flats posts' ffs :sob:

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  5. When you go to buy one, take a sensible adult along too who will stop you o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. For about £120 you can buy a portable generator, small enough to carry in the boot of your Leaf. At a pinch you could fire it up, plug the car in, and in a few minutes feed in enough energy to get the car moving. Not for the purist, perhaps, but a lot better than running the risk of being stranded up the creek without a paddle.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/720w-Gene...435174?hash=item41bb9bf7e6:g:V7kAAOSwopRYc7QD

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wouldn't generators be banned too as they have a petrol/diesel driven engine?

8. No, 2 Stroke as suggested are exempt o_O you could leave it running connected up. A 2 Stroke Leaf, how cool :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pre-mix, reed induction. Ahh.. Bisto..

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Its been done with the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I wondered if Nissan thought of offering the best of both worlds in a Leaf convertible but like all sports cars, appeal-wise I guess they would probably fall in the autumn.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  12. Leaf and cool in the same sentence....JUST NO!!!!! o_O

13. You missed out 2 stroke - false news!!! :eek:

14. Still not cool CO Lynn Chapman, its a LEAF !!!!

15. Journalist :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. And still way cooler than a Leaf :upyeah:

18. I have not yet seen it suggested that internal combustion engined boats, aeroplanes, agricultural tractors, generators, railway locomotives, etc will ever be banned, or could ever be done without. Such an option does not even exist at present, so the issue is hypothetical.

19. Not quite Pete

If they stop all cars, motorcycles and vans from having diesel and petrol, who on earth is going to have a petrol station business without mass volume sales? There are only so many Romainian car washes you can have on empty petrol stations.

Boats, aeroplanes, farms, railways are likely to have their own supplies as their primary purpose is not on the roads of the U.K.

20. What happens when you want to take your bike touring to say, North Africa?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information