1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Electrical Issue

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by HHM, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Once again thanks for the replies and suggestions. I've checked the connections (looms), switches and ignition lock - no issues - and just as Duncati I think the problem is located in the yellow (ignition) relay. If I pull it out there's no ignition or idiot lights (the same symptoms).
    I've checked the relay and the plugs and pins are okay (cleaned them anyway) and I've measured on the relay and it seems to works okay - resistance measures to 67 ohms and it clicks when current is applied.
    Right now the bike works, but it seems to be wise to replace the relay - after all it's 20 years old. Does anyone have a suggestion for a reliable brand?

2. I replacrd it on my monster when it was only 1 year old :bucktooth: I used the same one and it bahaved for the next 5 years, maybe just buy 2 so you have a spare?

3. I would just replace with oem, after all it lasted 20 years, and I don’t think they are too expensive

4. Just because it clicks doesn't mean that it is making contact internally. If you take the relay out and bridge the socket connectors for pins 30 and 87 of the relay everything should light up and the starter should operate. If not there is another problem, possibly with the big multipin connector that joins the main loom to the front loom.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information