1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elefantentreffen Trip

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Ebbs73, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Good on ya, but not for me.

2. Fair play to you mate, that was hardcore ! Congratulations on surviving :upyeah:

3. Thanks for the great write up, written as if you were still shivering! It read like being there, just warm, dry and mostly sober!

4. excellent, Thanks for the write-up and pictures :upyeah:

@Torquepen

• Like Like x 1
  5. This account reminds us of what the soldiers went through during the Battle of the Bulge Dec 1944-Jan 1945. But they were being shot at as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool. Very cool lol. :upyeah:

7. Great write up, thanks:upyeah:

8. I'm glad you enjoyed it , strangely nervous posting it up .

I've a few warmer trips planned , Stella Alpina again on the Er5 in July , it just keeps going , I paid £650 for her and I think we've fallen for each other .

I did the elefantentreffen last year on a C90 , loved it but took 6 days each way !

I'm going back next year so feel free to join me !

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fuck that :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Great story - thanks!

11. You are a brave man :upyeah::upyeah:

12. Out of interest, given the name, we’re there many/any Elefants there?

13. Great write up I've fancy doing the elephant
    For some time perhaps I'll put a sidecar on the Panther and go next year

14. There are plenty of elephant toy ones scattered on every bike , many elephant hats , not sure how a mighty plant would cope in the snow , it'll need a massive tent .

The people with the best set ups had side cars , massive tents , wood burners inside , lids of chairs , table , food and beer .
    Many of them from the war with two wheeled drive . They carry shit loads of stuff .

You all know you want to come .

15. Very enjoyable read! :) Rather you than me!

I love reading about proper adventure motorcycle trips when I'm on my more wussy comfortable bike tours on the Monster. I tend to bring a bike travelogue to read on holiday. There's definitely an element of schadenfreude when the author is up to their waist in mud in the Congo, or in Chris's case, camping in snow in Germany and riding home and falling off in more snow, while I'm sat outside a restaurant in Italy with a pizza and glass of wine after a nice refreshing shower ... I'm definitely a tourist not an adventure rider.

• Like Like x 1
  16. An irregular verb:
    I am a traveller.
    You are a holiday-maker.
    He is a tourist.

17. Not CAGIVA Elefants then?

18. Epic for the win.

19. Brilliant!!!

I have frostbite just reading all about your madness in the snow
    :D

20. I love when people write like they talk. I felt like I was listening to you tell the story.
    I did a winter trek on foot/snowshoeing one time. Lugging all my supplies on a small plastic sled. Portaging from one frozen lake to another over steep hills, breathing so hard I could taste the blood in my throat. No matter if you peed before bed, you still wake up in the middle of the night to pee again and like you say...you have no choice but to go take care of business. Waking up with condensation dripping on your nose, everything is damp, getting a fire going in the morning, it was a blast! Notice I said I did it once although I could maybe be convinced to do it again.
    The motorcycle riding part of your story, now that is terrifying to me. For you to make the decision to go and follow through. What a tremendous amount of fortitude you have! More power to you!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information