1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elitesuperbikeparts1 At It Again :-(

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Chris.P, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Speaking to another member on here a few weeks back who was very happy with him. Does seem a little hit and miss though.

2. Thats because he's read this post?

3. Does he use this forum then?

4. Probably. He can't be out riding his bikes, they are all low mileage. :Meh:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. complained to ebay about his antics on ebay,they will do nothing,and he blocked me from bidding on his items,but he tries to sale out of ebay to save his costs,but i did get a good paddock stand by ringing him direct

6. He maintains that he doesn't go on bike Forums.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Me neither. Never go near them! :Cigar:

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. I was bidding on an Elitesuperbikes item which finished last night, I was the only bidder and it was a good price, unfortunately I was outbid at the last second of the auction, just checked out of curiosity as you do and low and behold he has relisted the item.
    Steve

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. walk away Steve, black tie-wraps look just as good to the uneducated ;)

10. ;)

#30 Hyperextended, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1

11. Check his profile again, you will find he had another name prevously to that.

12. Just bought a 916 speedo drive off him for 4 quid and 7 quid signed for delivery for my M900 project

Came quickly in a big box which was packaging over kill

Happy customer :)

13. Right seeing as I use same I'd on ebay if he's on here he will know me,

I too bid on something a battery holder for 996, within 6-7 seconds I stuck in a bid at least £5 more I had it hovering so I know at that point no-one else was higher I hit the button about 2 secs before and BAM outbid by 50p.

Next week a listing of the identical part be-it with a rubber bit added, I questioned him if it was a relist he said NO and to check photo, ok very slightly different where the solenoid is.

So I set about bidding this time I bid higher, guess what outbid by 50p at last second again.

Emailled him to ask of he would just put my mind at rest, as it would seem a bid sniper had been used, and was it same seller as last week?

He replied but was quite defensive, I now just skip past his parts even if he was the last person on earth with what I want I wouldn't buy from him

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You do realise that's actually how ebay works?

An example:
    An item is currently listed at £5 with no bids.
    Person A bids £20 MAX for this item, but as there are no other bids the current price remains at £5.
    Person B now comes along and bids £10 MAX for this item.
    Because A has already set his maximum bid as higher than B (£20 vs £10), ebay will automatically bid the item UP TO the maximum bid of B and then ADD the next bid value amount - see the ebay rules as this varies by item category in % or ££.
    So in this case it may now be that the item is at £10.50 and A is still winning, ie = B's bid + next value.
    Just because you put in a bid at the end of the auction doesn't mean you're going to win, or that the maximum amount that you've bid is higher than the maximum amount someone else has already bid.

In this case I expect someone else was already bidding on the item and just happened to have previously bid more than your maximum.

15. Think we know how eBay works.
    What is suspected of happening here is shill bidding. The original item being relist a few minutes after the auction ends.
    Happened to me few times. When you challenge the seller usually you get some crap about the original buyer pulling out.
    Really? In the one minute or less since the auction ended?

16. It may well be shill bidding, but that's not how the op came across, and besides the same rules apply.

Also, it may not be the original item being relisted for sale either. If you've got a few of the same item to sell it's common to just relist the same auction to save you taking new pictures, writing out a new listing, and so on. It's just less hassle for the seller.

Ultimately this guy is selling parts that he owns. Some people have had bad experiences, some people have had good experiences. He may be economical with the truth about the parts that he's selling, and he may have been economical with the truth when he buys bikes by saying he's going to look after it and then it ends up in bits on ebay... but ultimately he bought it and it's his to do with what he likes!

As in all situations, buyer beware... it's your money and your choice. If you're going to be anal about it, buy the parts new and pay the price!

17. It's clearly a little different being outbid by another bider (as per ebay rules) to being conned into buying at an inflated price due to shill bidding. One instance was and engine, clearly this was not a different item with the same picture!
    To me 'buyer beware' is ancient and crass old bollocks! It moves the blame from and unscrupulous seller on to the buyer.
    I don't think anyone is being anal. Simply highlighting dodgy practices by a seller on ebay. Nothing wrong with that. I for one appreciate the the heads up and have already voted with my feet/money, not by buying the parts new as you suggest, but buying from more trust worthy breakers/ dealers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sounds like bid nudging (shill bidding) to me. There are applications that you can use to do this at the last second to ensure you either get the item sold for a set, higher cost or that it sells to your alt account and you just use the eBay conflict resolver to cancel the transaction. Against eBay terms but eBay has become an awfully managed marketplace.

19. Yes well aware of how eBay works, I use my iphone so if bidding is at 5 and I put 10, it will not let me confirm my bid as it knows there's a higher one in the system, if it was just me I'd hold my hands up and say hey ho I lost, I'd lay good money that if is put 100£ I'd of been outbid by 50p it's a shit website full of scam merchants, I sold a load of 996 on forum ages back, I asked a fair price and no1 quibbled

20. It will let you confirm your bid but it will effectively auto bid for you, up to £10

#40 JH_1986, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information