1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Emm 2020

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Nov 18, 2019.

1. I planned to go on my first EMM in 2013 (central Portugal) but couldn't get booked on any sensible ferry crossings to/from Spain and didn't fancy the ride down/back through France. I missed the next three EMMs because I'd already planned and booked bike tours before the EMM dates were announced (usually in Jan/Feb). I managed to book some half sensible ferry crossings for the 2017 EMM in the Picos de Europa, where I meet up with some great guys. I've been to the last two EMMs (2018 - Haute Savoie & 2019 - Western Pyrennes) riding to and from with some of the regular UK EMMers.

Now I keep June free every year and wait none too patiently for the dates/venue to be announced, on another forum where you have to become a member (FOC) to view the EMM pages.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'm going.

• Like Like x 2
  3. See you in Chaves next June :)

4. Defo. I couldn't get a ferry to Portugal so I'm riding down, probably with Coman and have managed to get a ferry back.

5. Steve, always a pleasure buddy :punch:

6. :cool: Good man, you know it makes sense and you will have a blast.
    See you in June it is then:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. OoRanoO, a note of caution about Coman :)party::noentry:), unless you already know him.
    On one EMM he took quite a fancy to a rather strange person stood in a darkened doorway in Toulouse. It took several of us quite a lot of effort to pull him away, if you know what I mean....

Check your fuel use on the bike regularly too. Last year in Spain, around 6 of us ended up literally 'on the fumes' and needless to say it wasn't our fault! :motorcycleduc:
    Just saying :worried::heart_eyes:
    :worried:

• Like Like x 1
  8. I know him very well, went on my last EMM with him in 2010 to Bolzano. Saved his bacon when he had a puncture getting onto the Dover Calais ferry.

9. In all seriousness, he's a terrific guy and yes I would say that to his face too. :eyes:

10. He's alright ;)

11. This is looking rather tempting. Last time I was in Chaves was 1985, on the way back from the racing at Vila Real (won by Joey Dunlop and Tony Rutter). Wouldn't mind exploring the Douro Valley / Tras-os-Montes region once more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You will have to ride there and back or get ferries to France as all ferries to and from Spain/Portugal are fully booked.

13. It would great to see you in Chaves next June.

As Steve (@OoRanoO ) says, a lot of the ferry crossings to/from Santander and Bilbao either side of the EMM dates are full booked for bikes but if you're flexible on dates you might be lucky. Having read your posts on our European tours, I don't think riding down and back through France would be a problem :)

14. Yeh, done it before but I'm splitting it into 3 days as I don't want to overstretch it.

15. I have ridden down across France and Spain into Portugal before more than once (admittedly a long time ago). Probably could do so again. Especially since I would be in no hurry and could take in the Pyrenees and/or Picos en route.

On the other hand, Italy always beckons.

Decisions, decisions.

16. Why not do both?

17. Me and my wife are going to Trento and then up to Austria in August.

18. Unfortunately I can only squeeze in 4-5 days as the Mrs doesn't come with me and I've took the piss a bit this year with trips.
    Can't believe I missed the original posts year after year , will look out for 2021 and probably take a shorter trip to the Spain/Picos at another time next year

• Like Like x 1
  19. Being retired, I'm sure he could work around by going early and extended the trip :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pete (Coman) is doing the same.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information