1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Engine Guard Q

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by benjit, Jan 16, 2022.

1. After some advice please.

My 1260 has an R&G rad guard with another rectangle of protection just below it (see the photo).

I want to add an engine guard - R&G don’t seem to do one. Has anyone fitted the Evotech one with the R&G set up I’ve got? Would the Touratech / DP one be better? It’s mainly for cosmetics - I don’t like the gap between the factory sump guard and the rad guard!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

9441EFFF-0741-44DF-9D0B-9EA6315CAA6B.jpeg

2. I’ve got the Evotech one, and am pretty sure it would replace the small rectangular protector you have. I can’t see why it wouldn’t fit with the r&g rad guard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. As noted above, however, a couple of thoughts:
    • Looking at the photo, the tab on the right hand side of the main rad guard, that enables the lower section to fix, might get in the way of the Evotech engine guard and may need cutting off. This will then require treating in some way to maintain corrosion resistance, at the cut position.
    • Also, when I bought the Evotech lower guard, it was better value buying the oil cooler, rad and the engine guard as a set, rather than buying the engine guard separately. That was when I bought mine in 2018, it might be different now after all this Covid-19 stuff, with the impact that has had on pricing, availability, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think you also have to undo the exhaust header nuts, plenty of WD40 and don’t snap a stud!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That might be the way to go - frustrating as there’s nothing wrong with the R&G bits!

6. You could try selling the other bits on here (if you ate a subscriber)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rumour has it that they taste somewhat bitter :rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Hi, I have supplied/ fitted dozens of Evotech guards while I was working at a dealership, the quality knocks the R&G stuff out of the park! I would replace the whole set up with an Evotech kit and sell what you have there, ultimately it will all fit together properly and be better looking which is a priority for you, just my two penneth!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks Jonny - are you sure you aren’t on commission from Evotech?!:p

#9 benjit, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  10. He’s right though ;)

11. Ha, I wish I was, I have sold shed loads of their gear, I have always had to believe in what I am selling whether it's a £20 pair of gloves or a £50k superbike and the Evotech stuff is proper solid engineering and the guys there are all enthusiasts which helps!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Another vote for Evo-Tec stuff. I've fitted it to my last few bikes and will be placing an order soon for Evo-Tec bits for my new Multistrada V2s so they are in the garage and I can fit them on day one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I keep prodding them to get on and make bits for my new V4, as I won’t fit any other stuff to it.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information