1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Light On. Loss Of Power When Accelerating, And Then Suddenly Regaining It.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by WheeliesToForgetFeelies, May 10, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I recently had my Hypermotard 796 (25.5k miles) at an independent Ducati garage in Kent to do its major service. The next day I did a 250 mile trip and then stored the bike for 4 days. Today I went out for a quick run on local twisties and the bike would sometimes have the engine light turn on. The engine light goes out when turning the engine off and on again.

When it goes on, and the bike is in first or second gear, it bogs down from 2k rpm to 5k rpm. I open the throttle but it feels I'm only giving it half the throttle. When it reaches 5k rpm, it suddenly regains power and shoots forward and accelerates like I'm used to it.

The bike shop is closed until the end of the month. I am not sure what's wrong with it. Have you got any ideas? Am I damaging the bike by riding it in the meantime?

2. Has this bike got a butterfly valve in the exhaust? It could be sticking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I don't know, it's a Hypermotard 796 with a Leo Vince pair of exhausts. How can I find out?

4. What Derek said :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information