1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Stand Plans 999 And 900ss?

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by The Royal Maharaja, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Hi,

I'm looking for some (accurate) plans to build a (table-top) engine stand for a 999 engine, if possible it would be great if it would work for a 900ss and 900ie engine also!

Does anyone have anything to hand? - simple is best, but in alu or steel obviously.

Appreciate it!
    Cheers
    Grant

2. and a 916 too please! :upyeah:

3. Funnily a mate just started making one on Saturday from a drawing with dimension he found on the world wide web. I'll see if he can remember where he found it.

Basically it's a H shaped frame with two uprights with plates on that pick up on the existing threaded holes at the rear of the crankcases.
    I seem to remember the width of the crankcases he has, (ST2 engine) was 205mm.

If you make it to fit the wider crankcases, (like the ST2 & others) then the narrower cases will also fit. You might want to use spacers & longer bolts for the narrower crankcases, but at least either version would fit.

Just found it, https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/engine-stand-for-1995-900ss.40738/

4. Oi!! Thread hijack!!! ;) (at Pete!)

Cheers Cat, great if you could find something (for both us!) :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you look at the picture in the thread above, my mate decided to use shorther up-rights & mount to the crankcase using the bolt holes lower down. You can use the 10mm engine mounting hole & the forward of the other two M8 threaded holes.

6. haha thread embelishment! (sorry!) :innocent:

7. Cheers Cat.. A good starting point!

8. I made this to support the whole bike for stripping it down. Once everything’s removed, you’re left with just the engine. Should work with all the testastretta engines.

CD6B0A30-C9F2-4D49-AFBF-A13C1F6B144D.jpeg F3AC9DE8-BD97-44D9-ADB0-88CFEAE5943E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. That is really nice! Can you share some measurements maybe?

10. I use these for an engine stand, but they won't support a whole bike of course.

Nasher

P4170001.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. No worries. Will have to be over the weekend though.

Ian

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks Ian, that would be great. It's just the stand I need for my project.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information