1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

England!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Kane was the captain apparently ? Admittedly he did provide a great pass leading to the England goal ,but other than that seemed to be about the laziest individual on the pitch. Imagine the biggest game in your career and you appear you can’t be bothered to play .
    I’ll stick to bike racing in future. Passion personified.

2. is it true that they scored the equaliser at 66mins 19secs?. hmm.... :D
    anyhoos, like i said, i'm told the lads are a good bunch, so, i feel for them. and like i also said. it causes way to much trouble. so i also feel their pain re that.

3. In the mad World in which we live, how upset can you be with millions in the bank and millions to come?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Is this Eggby?

5. Union of course, not the other version.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Kane is a bloody good striker, but he won't score without service. England were never going to walk the ball into the net against that defence.

7. Maybe he is , but he isn’t captain material. And his contribution beyond supplying said goal creating pass in the second minute in a Euro final was piss poor.

8. Who would you suggest then? I'm not sure Maguire has got the bottle for it.

9. This is why I don’t watch football saves being disappointed

• Like Like x 1
  10. The boys did good, and that's what you need to remember, some of these players are boys and with such a great tournament behind them it bodes well for the world cup next year.

We got to a final, no they didn't all play the best on balance, but neither did Italy and frankly some of their 'gamesmanship' was nothing more than classic Italian dirty tackling. But that's the game.

Southgate, I have to say my admiration for the man has grown hugely over this tournament and listening to him this morning I have nothing but respect for him.

We've played some really lovely stuff and some mediocre stuff during the euros, but we still came 2nd which makes us better than all of them apart from 1.

Onwards and upwards, this team has great things to come

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Agreed right up until he bottled it in the second half with his reluctance to bring on substitutes to try and change the game, and to bring two young lads on with a couple of minutes to go and then expect them to step up is wrong. Let’s no forget the way he has treated Grealish has not been professional at all, that is personal.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. He shouldve changed the formation and parked the bus at 60mins. But hindsight is wonderful. Meh, shit happens.

13. The ring hunters
    I’d say you’re just not that interested in football and took full advantage of the situation, empty roads and no rain. Doesn’t often happen here and it’s your choice in any case.

#193 DucatiScud, Jul 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  14. I heard Pizza-Hut have already been in touch so it’s not all bad, although they’ve said they don’t need Waddle or Pearce this time ;):joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. It was a great opportunity for a major trophy but I think Southgate has done a great job. He has had a 4th, 3rd and now a second place finish at the last three tournaments. That’s an enviable record and must place England as one of the most consistent teams in world football. He has a young team which will get better and more game savvy. England fans should be proud, maybe not today, since the disappointment will linger a bit, but soon enough

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Except it didn't take hindsight to see Italy were dominating the game. Players were knackered at the end of the championships, that's why the Italians bought on their subs. Southgate had a relatively easy route to the final, and that flattered him, he'll never win a championship.

17. Are you Southgates PR man? Sancho and Grealish should have started the second half. Kane and Sterling did nothing.[/QUOTE]
    Are you blinded by 1299 power? ;) Southgate is not the right man for England if we want entertainment and winning in style.

Make no doubts about it: England punched above their weight in this comp and we should be proud to have made the final

18. I
    I just hope SG can look at bringing some different football in, something more exciting. But….. trophies don’t have video, so like Greece even if you grind a 1-0 all the way or win on pens, that’s long forgotten as it’s the engraving Winners that counts :upyeah:

19. One thing for sure. There seems a lot of love for Grealish outside the England set up

20. I'm proud of them, disappointed yes but disappointed for the team and massively disappointed in the bunch of racist knobbers on SM (ok some bots but a lot real)

Nonetheless, proud as punch. For the first time in a long time I could look at the England team in front of me and I saw a team. Not individuals, they played for and supported each other.

Top bunch of lads and I'm willing to bet they'll make latter stages of the world cup next year

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information