Envy Bike Lift (+ Abba & Bursig Lift Stands)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by t965m, Apr 9, 2012.

1. The original Abba stands are great, I've had one in my garage for more than 10 years! (two in fact 'cos I made the mistake of selling the first)

2. Abba Sky Lift....the kit

[​IMG]

...usual great quality from Abba, Really sturdy heavy duty box section construction and you can see where a lot of the cost goes, imagine the cost of getting parts like these made to order!...

[​IMG]
    ....note 'rollers' between the mounting arm plates

[​IMG]
    (that's machined steel by the way)

...and 3 ton lifting capacity with the CE approved hydraulic jack

[​IMG]

Impressed of Weston Super Mare here :D......Flying wheelie for the Multistrada 1200!

[​IMG]

As great as the Bursig Lift Stand is I couldn't pass up the chance to upgrade to the Abba Sky Lift, so glad I did - what an amazing bit of kit, any service, maintenance or 'anal' cleaning task (lol) has never been so easy (NB: three lift positions - horizontal, 'wheelie' and 'stoppie' See here: http://andyw-inuk.smugmug.com/.../Abba-Motorcycle-equipment

First use of Sky Lift - ever removed the coarse/gauze oil strainer / filter from the underside of the sump for cleaning?!............bike on the Sky Lift as shown above and you get such easy access and can see exactly what you're doing with plenty of room to work!

Second job........polish the front exhaust header! [tick]

Third job.....polish rear exhaust pipework......queue Sky Lift in 'stoppie' mode, done [tick]

TOP MARKS to Abba :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. These look great - Giving some thought to getting one for the SF...

4. Really impressed with mine.

5. Seriously tempted after seeing the write-up Andy.....:Banghead: The wife's gonna kill me - thank God I'm 3000 miles away! :upyeah:

6. Andy, saw these at the Motor Cycle show. Like you I have aBursig and an abba stand already but sorely tempted by this. The guys on the stand were so helpful and you have shown how versatile it is.

Now when is my birthday!

7. +1 Great piece of kit. Expensive yes but built to last so will last a lifetime. The only improvement I can see is if there is a way to design it so it could be used on both sides of the bike. The lift should only be attached on the left side because the legs are placed forward for stability. If there was a way to reverse this so it was safe to use on the right, could be useful. However I'm being really picky. Love mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Funnily enough, can it be used both sides was my first question......in use though it's not a big deal that it can't and I can see how the small benefit might push the price up quite a lot.
    Picky....me too! :upyeah:

@Mark H ....where there's a will there's a way mate....get earning those brownie points! lol

@MultiJSY .....you're at least half way there with the sale price of the Bursig - sold mine for £225 ;-)

9. FUCK!

10. Takes 10 mins to assemble, really easy to do.

11. ....takes longer to unpack! lol

Couple of tips:
    # Full 'wheelie' or 'stoppie' position with a full tank of fuel, fuel may escape via the tank vent/overflow, it did (with a full tank) on mine - didn't poor out but fuel did dribble for quite some time. People need to be prepared with a catch container and take the obvious precautions when dealing with fuel ;-)
    (flagged this up with Abba and instructions will have a 'cautionary' added idc;-)

# With the pressure applied to the rollers not all of them will spin all the time. A little smear of grease on the upright post is a good idea.

# Two locking positions..........a third mid-way between the two is handy (Abba may well do this with future stands). NB...you will need a set of damn good drill bits!

# DO USE the additional strap lock!

....have fun :D

12. The best addition to my garage/workshop ever!......the Abba Sky Lift.....A-MAZE-ING!!
    The ultimate bike lift / motorcycle stand for your Multistrada 1200!
    Motorcycle Stands - Abba Stands, UK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....a must have for DIY enthusiasts, modders and clean-a-holics like me! lol

• Like Like x 2
  13. Balance points for wheelies and stoppies? lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. I guess the puddle on the floor is the fuel coming out of the overflow ? :)

15. Good spot.......yes, as per my warning re full fuel tanks above ;-)

16. Cracking pics Andy and it looks like I'll just have to dig deep. :upyeah:

17. not just a little bit of excited wee,....:p

18. According to their website, the Sky lifts appear to be out of stock for the next 3-4 weeks.

Are the adaptors for the skylift the same as the adaptors for the standard Abba stand or do you need to buy new ones?

19. The adapters that 'plug into' the swingarm pivot bolts are the same but there's an additional adapter (3rd pic in my post towards the top of the page) that slots into the rear wheel hub. I talked to Steve at Abba earlier and the hold-up at the moment is that they're waiting on receiving more of the rams/jacks which apparently should be with them later this week.
    I suggest that at the moment anyone interested in buying should phone to get the latest update on availability......victim of their own success! :D

Thanks :D ..............yes a fairly large outlay but worth it for the benefits of this stand and the years of use you'll have - as and when you move on from the Mutley you can buy different adapter for your new bike or if the day comes for you to give up biking the stand will have a good resale value.

Yes the Bursig style lift stands do benefit from being a bit quicker/easier to use - if you don't need the extra benefits of the Abba they're great.

lol........I might be getting on in years but still have control of my bladder :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information