1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Eprom 1999 Bip

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Roadtrip, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Since owning my 748 for about 2 years now it has always popped now and again but only when slowing down / coming to a stop, I've got used to it but now would like to stop it if possible.

Had a look at the ecu and has already had the sticker peeled off and under the plug the
    Eprom has 748 bip -059-

The same as this one NEW DUCATI 54610861A EPROM 748 CHIP NOS OEM which is being sold from the USA.
    Could someone confirm its the same for a UK bike and USA (perhaps just different ecu?) I'm just checking i have the correct eprom.

I went for a 23 mile ride last Friday and it popped once but went out Sunday and 3 times in 10 miles but only when off the throttle coming to a stop,

Ive done a search and seems it could be a bit of air sucked in at the exhaust pipes joints/header, looking at them they seem fine but will loosen up and re-check, i fitted them after i had them polished dry, (i.e. no sealant) whats the general opinion, sealant /no sealant.

2. 059 is the correct EPROM for standard silencers but if you have open cans you ideally need the 08054-6 EPROM I've run a 748 with open cans on the 059 chip without problems but only after a co set up.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Yes running standard silencers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information