1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Error Immo 37.1. Help Please.

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by RacingDuck, Jul 15, 2015.

1. After just a light rainshower the bike will not start. Error message on screen is IMMO 37.1.
    Anyone got some good ideas how to prevent water in the ignition system?

Suspect water in ignition where the key is or in the immobilizer connection on right side forward on frame.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thank`s.

2. I cured mine by putting a washer on each of the key surround mounting pegs. This raises the antenna slightly and allows the chip to be read more easily.

3. When mine did that did some googling and it seems that water can get in the antennae. Eventually it will corrode and stop working altogether.
    You can't grease it to waterproof it cos that blocks the signal. You need to stop water getting to it and keep the over-ride code handy

4. Got soaked in this morning's 'light rain' (according to the BBC). Bike was standing then for 4 hrs and when i went to leave got the fault again. Took the cf shroud off and seemed dry in there, and hour later still can't get it to come on with no orange light. Had to ring my neighbour to go into my house and read out the override code, which thankfully worked and got me home.

Is there a permanent fix for this?

5. Where does one find the override code? Does the dash ask for it when you get the error?
    Any chance you could write an idiot's step by step guide that I can keep on me (with my code, once I know where to find it) in case it happens to me?
    Cheers,
    R

6. Will do mate, i'll be back at 9pm, will do it then.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. If only they put that sort of info in the handbook :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sorry for the delay, something came up.

When you turn the ignition the orange light comes on and it won't start, you just hear a very faint click. Occasionally the fuel pump arms but his only happens intermittently for me.

With the dash on, press up on the selector and it should say error IMMo 37.1.

Push up again and you get code with 5 zeros below it.

Hold down and the first one flashes. Then press down and each time the digit will change until it gets to where you need it to be.Then press up and that will lock and move on to the next zero.

Once you enter the last digit it all flashes and the orange light goes and the bike should start.

You should of had a Code Card that comes in the wallet you got with the bike, the code you need is on there, it's just like a credit card.

(this is all from memory but is correct).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Your memory is correct, it is a credit card with your key code printed on there which is also needed if you want to get new keys made.

10. More dramas today, i believe related to me getting soaked thought to the under crackers again. :(

Bike was in the garage overnight so this morning after drying out it started first time with no trouble. Got as far as Marble Arch then it really came down. Got to where i needed to be down in Chelsea, left the bike parked up for 3 hrs, went to start and orange light again. Checked for the error and it was a 34 today, Pick up error. Had a quick google, and it then started flicking between 34 and 37. All the while while i am trying to get it started the battery is getting lower and lower, down to around 12.0 v. Left it for 15 minutes and it started, thank Christ.

I must of tried 20 times to get it started though. Any ideas? Am i right in thinking this model of bike is useless in heavy rain?

11. Water ingress to the coil/injector/pump relay

12. Thanks Chris. Anything can be done to combat this?

13. Make relay replacement part of your annual service regime. Use lots of dielectric grease.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information