1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eu Imposed Speed Restrictions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mary Hinge, Mar 27, 2019.

?
  1. Not bother riding a bike

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Lump it and hate it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Think it is the right thing to do

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Buy a bike or keep a bike that allows you to speed for as long as possible

29 vote(s)
    90.6%
  1. Is this the same "debate" like when they introduced the ABS?
    TBH I am looking forward to have 100% autonomous cars..could read a book whilst the vehicle takes me to the next enduro practice or track day and a enjoy good nap on the way back home. :):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Track day... Enduro...

Far too loud, they'll all be banned too soon enough and the venues will be turned into hippy communities

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. People trying to compare traction control, and ABS etc. Not too sure where the comparison is? I bet 95% of drivers cannot remember the last time ABS or Traction control kicked in.

4. I use TC regularly when the missus takes too long getting ready and I'm going to miss my train to work :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Haven’t driven on snow lately then........TC turns the accelerator off, and ABS turns the brakes off!

6. LOL.. electric bikes.
    Wonder which way will go the stinky bike prices in 20 years..they might worth a lot or might worth f@ck all.
    55910170_1641464122893106_6874807679437504512_n.jpg

7. not lately, but then I have winter tyres so not so quite important, my point is it was not really forced upon early on, it helped in time, and we don't use it that often, but have an actual speed permanent restriction is different.

8. It will not save 25000 lives . The death toll will go up due to drivers falling asleep at the wheel and knocking over pedestrians or just or dying of boredom .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Unfortunately this isn't going away. No matter if some idiot steps out from between cars when there is a crossing 50 yards away, it's always the car that's the offender

• Like Like x 1
  10. TC - can be turned off.
    ABS - It helps on ice or very hard compacted snow, however I agree very bad on soft or deep snow.
    For chaps that did not drive a lot on soft of deep snow, completely locking the wheels builds up a "wave of snow" in front of them, this helps a lot in slowing down the vehicle, ABS allows the wheel to speen hence not possible to build up the "wave".

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. This could be a massive opportunity for brits in developing and selling derestriction/unlimiting kits for our cars but also selling them abroad for "race cars" only :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Interference from you know who again:mad:,rot in hell all you remainers;):upyeah:

13. I'll keep my Panther it won't need a limiter it's got its own in built gadget the clutch starts slipping at 55mph

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Sorry im at a loss here....so someones going to come round my house and try to retro fit something to my bike?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. It’s just bollox but that’s my personal opinion and yet another big brother tactic!

16. i know it is only for cars at the moment but this will kill off some manufacturers as only coffin dodgers will buy cars after the implementation date .Just look at how many people are currently running their old diesel cars until they literally will not run anymore.

17. I suspect switching it off will very quickly make your insurance null and void. It’s not rocket science really.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I heard today it’s just a speed indicator/advisory system that’s already available on plenty of new cars. My car tells me the speed limit and if I’m exceeding it, I also have the option of using a limiter that can easily be disengaged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I used to have a nagging wife for that

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. In combination with "Smart Motorways" (Sic) and Lorry trains this is a recipe for many more deaths on our motorway system.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information