1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Euro 4 Exhaust Swap

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jolley, May 22, 2016.

1. Yes, the cable is shorter, but regardless it is essentially just a brake cable which you could have made up anyway. I was sent it along with the complete exhaust and servo and heat shield.... Need to decide what to do with it all now!

2. That's a fair bit of dead weight removed there by not putting it back on!

3. Servo and cable weigh half a kilo.
    So in total by switching the pipes and removing the rear pegs and servo you save around 5.25kg

4. That's good going. Removing the charcoal canister and sound deadening will take that to about 7kg then I bet

The sound deadening doesn't weigh a lot but bike runs cooler
    Without it I think and I don't like the idea of it holding water after I washed it. Don't think it did to be fair but wanted it gone

5. I finally got around to removing the flapper valve servo motor and housing. Surprisingly it weighs 0.6kg, so the weight saving for switching to the under belly, ditching the foot pegs and servo adds up to 5.3kg. Not too bad.

Under belly section (both)= 5.9kg
    Twin tail pipes (Euro4)= 3.8kg
    Rear foot pegs (Euro4)= 0.9kg
    Valve servo motor (Euro4) = 0.6kg

6. I haven't seen any US or 1299 exhaust for sale for ages now on eBay.

7. Set of akra shotgun type for sale on flea bay if anyone interested

8. I think they're relisted from not meeting reserve last time... I never use a reserve because it puts people off of bidding...

9. Definitely relisted. I watched it, got 1 bid or something, obviously didn't sell.
    It's a good pipe, got to worth half the new price.
    I'm thinking of a different direction so not interested.

10. The problem is that when I bought mine the dealers were throwing it in for £500 (reportedly some even for free), so it shouldn't have cost them as much as they are trying to sell it for. I'd rather go with something like the Austin racing if I were going to spend £700 (actually I ordered one, but then cancelled when I realised I could do the under belly swap for the same price and not suffer with trackday access).
    image.jpeg

11. How loud was yours on noise test with the underbelly exhaust?

12. The one in the photo is a lot more than 700 though. Seems strange that a race type can can't be used on a track. Noise muppets need to get a grip. When I got mine, back in February I think, there were no deals, but I took a chance that side pipes would come and there are now a couple of options. Not as many as I thought, but to be fair, it's still a "new" bike. My plan was if a side pipe arrived that I liked, I'd consider changing the stock.
    You know yourself, you could easily spend a few grand on fairly simple stuff quite quickly. I usually think, save my money and use it as a deposit for something else in a couple of years.
    I rode my 848Evo totally stock, it had its faults but I thought it was brilliant. Well it is a brilliant bike. Should have changed the cans though, just to experience the noise.

13. 103dB @5000rpm

14. Out of interest, what are stock shotguns reading at 5000?

15. No, the one in the photo just replaces the tail pipes and retains the standard Euro 959 under belly section. Including VAT etc it is £670 (PANIGALE 959 SLIP-ON EXHAUST SYSTEM

You can take a race pipe on track if you pass the static noise test for the noise level of that day. The problem is that even standard Panigales fail, and race cans just make them louder. Therefore, to accommodate Ducati, they have the caveat that if it is standard you can go on even if you fail the static. Pass the static on anything and you can go out. It is fairly open and straight forward, and I haven't had any problems yet...

(I spent £15k extra on my 848, so I'm well aware you can get carried away! ;) )

16. Well, I spotted this sticker on the frame, but not sure if that is for the Euro4 test, which is above the tank....
    (Didn't have it tested with them on though)
    image.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Mine was 97 or 98db at croft if i remember correctly

18. Which ties in with the frame sticker.

19. My mates MV F3 800 measured the same as the headstock sticker too.

20. 15k......that makes me sound stupid talking about a few grand.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information