1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Track Days & Ata Carnet Fun !

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by funkatronic, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Quite different to temporarily importing some sporting equipment into the single market.

2. Not entirely because no one is quite sure on the issue of their equipment and carnets. There are some suggestions they might need one for each EU country.

3. i hope you are correct and in time is some clarification but I suspect encountering an expensive looking Ducati or 2 in a van without import paperwork is going to attract unwanted attention at customs.

imho its even worse grief for the performers' instruments & backline aswell as sound and lighting and power distro equipment used by touring events.

4. Just ram through the fucking barriers. Like in The Eagle has Landed.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Becoming quite hard work having fun :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Two things I (used to) like doing, buying wine in France and doing Euro track days.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Going to the gym and Euro track days. :(

8. What happens if the customs people decide to audit the paperwork and check the contents of every stillage against each piece of paperwork?

what documentary proof do you require for the value of the goods?

9. Whats it gonna be like going out with all your pristine kit and bike with corresponding paperwork, only to return with everything in a wheelie bin due
    to a touch of over enthusiasm? Could get interesting accounting for stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have had customs ask for specific items on each carnet and you have to produce them. You can be a bit liberal with the truth as long as they believe the thing you show them is the thing they asked for. Depends how difficult they want to be. Having done this in the early 90s for a rally team it always helped to have some team t-shirts as a gift, in particular with the Italians and eastern Europeans. Never offer anything to a German or Swiss border guard.

11. I think when that happens your stuff is re-classified as "permanently exported". :worried:o_O:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Any guidance from the TDOs yet?
    Oiling bicycle chain and looking at caravans...:worried:

13. Holidays in UK and anywhere else are illegal until further notice. Not much. more you can say really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You are not even allowed to 'think' about it according the this cuurrent shambolic bunch of clowns in charge.

They will be happy when we are all working 24/7 for a pittance and die before we can retire.

15. AKA labour camp.

16. The issue with the stillage/transport Carnet as told to us by the guy who organises our trips. Is that if one thing is out of place or not listed they impound the whole truck and then there’s a paperwork and fines situation, for me at the moment it’s just not worth it, and with the UK trackdays upping prices im actually considering leaving sports bikes for the first time and getting something else

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I have just booked the KTM motocross experience and a trip across the Himalaya on a Royal Enfield.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I've looked a the Himalaya trips on and off myself over the last decade,or a trip down the PCH.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information