1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Trackdays Cancelled

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by deleteduser211220, Mar 13, 2020.

1. We'll see if FE do the decent thing. The goss on FB so far suggests they are not cancelling the events (so no refunds or alternatives being offered) despite no flights and restricted movement in Spain.
    I'm booked to go end April, I expect an e-mail shortly asking for the balance of my payment for the trip. I'll asking what provision they are making should the restrictions on movements continue in Spain. If the money is put at risk with no offer of a refund or reschedule, then I (and others ) will have to decide to risk the money or lose whats been already been paid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yep, I got that too as I'm a (fairly) regular Tracksenser :) Apparently they've been really good so far regarding refunds/rescheduling.

3. I'm under no illusions that FE will be c***s to deal with once the Almeria date is officially canned.

I'd expect the usual you'll get a credit note but I'm going to refuse it and then take it up with the holiday insurance company who should be able to refund me. My suspicions are that FE know this too and that most people will try to claim through their insurance. A credit note is no good to me as I've already got my other dates booked for the rest of the year and to be honest, I'm not arsed about going to Almeria with all the smoke and mirrors regarding the insurance etc. For what it's worth, I've taken out a policy with Bennetts but got an annual policy in place with Holidaysafe as well.

4. The issue with claiming from the insurance company will be the event is still going ahead, you just can't get there. If FE cancelled and kept the money (c*nts) that would at least give customers a chance with their insurance.

5. How does one claim for booked tyres, if need be?

6. I
    doubt the event will go ahead mate. The army has been deployed to the streets of Madrid, Valencia... There's also a curfew in place for everyone in Spain so if it stays the same when the time comes for the event then it won't be FE's decision to make wither it goes ahead or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You're right. However, I think FE need to actually cancel before you can claim on yr insurance.
    Assuming they don't refund or credit.

8. a lot of insurance won’t cover this if you read the small print dude

9. I've not looked at my policy personally but one of the other lads has the Bennett's cover and he's had a look and seems to think we're covered. Can't do anything until it's cancelled I suppose

• Like Like x 1
  10. If we lose the 200 squid deposit for the Almeria date then all I can think is that it could be worse.
    Imagine getting asked to take 8 weeks leave without pay like the airline staff are :(.
    I'd struggle to be on a pedal bike let alone a motor bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Definitely going to be a lot more people worse off that us at the end of all this

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bennetts looks ok if you can't travel due to FCO limiting travel.

13. I've just been asked for my balance for the NL Aragon trip which is the end of April. Best get the credit card out and cross my fingers.

14. At least there appears to be some comfort from NL re a credit if the event doesn't go ahead. I'm yet to see this from FE.

15. There gonna ask for the rest of the balance any day now, not sure what I'm gonna do.

16. I'd imagine the credit card companies will offer some protection.

Thing is, if the TDOs don't have to pay the tracks then their outgoings are pretty low, they don't pay massive rent/rates like a restaurant. I'd imagine most can ride this out as long as everyone doesn't demand their cash back.

17. I sent the money to my mate as its a twin booking and he's paid on a debit card :joy:

18. Yeah - with supplements it's a lot of loot to put at risk with no guarantee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I don't think visa will be much help unless the organiser goes bust, or event is cancelled.
    I suspect the insurance company will point you to visa, visa will point you to the organiser, the orgsniser will employ a dopey bint to answer the phones, who's been especially recruited for her low IQ and it'll be the poor ole consumer that gets butt f*cked as usual.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information