1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro Trackdays Cancelled

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by deleteduser211220, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Yes I asked what would happen if the event got cancelled and was told I would get a full credit that was valid for a year but can be used for next season as long as the booking is made within the 12 month period.

I've just tried ringing my credit card provider to see if I'm covered if it all goes pear shaped but the wait time to speak to an advisor is ridiculous so will try another day.

NL were excellent to deal with on the phone as usual and were quite happy to discuss my concerns.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ^That'a what we'd like to hear from FE before parting with more loot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Unfortunately from past experience I wouldn't hold your breath!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kevin will see everyone right..:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. If the flights cancel them selves, then I only stand to lose 200 quid. I can get the money back for hire car, extra accomodation and such.

6. Govt have asked all uk citizens to not travel outside uk for next 30 days.

7. Asked or told?

No ban tho?

8. Suspect it’s a very strong ask at the moment. Only just heard in the radio as we pulled up to our lively hotel on costa-del-aberdovey

9. I only paid the remaining balance for Almeria on the 6th March.

10. FE have just emailed saying that the 8th April event at Almeria is going ahead but if you want they will issue a credit note which goes against their policy.

catch is that you need to take this offer by the 26th March and the bike drop off is the 28th. Now if Spain still has its borders locked and the curfew is still in place by the 28th then how can they take the bikes to Spain?

I’m still holding out for a refund

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Love the way they keep banging on about 'outside of their policy' like they're doing you such a favor by doing the right thing for once.
    At least the offer of a credit is on the table, better than I expected tbh. Doubt you'll get actual money from them mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Surely, if they cant provide the service, a refund must be offered.

Whether the circuit or country is closed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FE re-scheduled Portimao March 28th to July 25th. BA flight voucher for future use.

• Useful Useful x 2
  14. I’m hoping that the insurance comes up with a refund. No doubt that FE will refuse to offer a refund

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I’m surprised by the selfishness being shown here. It is far more important to society that you change your behaviour and isolate until an all clear message is given by the health experts.
    Traveling around, especially by air, in close contact with others goes against every piece of evidence showing how to restrict the spread of a virus.
    All for what? So that you can wobble around a track potentially using medical resources who should be working on the seriously ill.
    Your entertainment is not a priority.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. No one is suggesting it's a priority and no one will be doing anything until the all clear is sounded.
    People who have booked these trips have also paid a lot of money as deposits and or full payment and having the organiser behave appropriately re refunds/credits is one less source of worry/anxiety/battle to fight.

#117 Nelson, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Any wobbling around any track, whether you have paid in advance or not, is irresponsible in this current situation. Here is a post from this thread proving the point.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/euro-trackdays-cancelled.76360/#post-1575618

Hospitals are cancelling elective surgery so that they can deal with with the virus. Somebody who would purposely engage in a high risk activity just for their own entertainment is not thinking about anybody but themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I have gone Jalfrezi neutral, so my toilet paper footprint is dramatically reduced.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Nobody will be wobbling around any track by the looks of things. I know about hospital cancellations, as I'm one of them. You are not privy to peoples financial positions. Getting money back from TD's or and other event for that matter is pretty important if your job is at risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information