1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European Import

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dirty Leeds, Aug 16, 2018.

1. if a bike was purchased from within the eu off a private seller what charges are involved bringing it back? Anybody know?

2. None I would think. Duty has been paid at purchase within the EU
    All you will have to front is delivery
    Not sure about the insurance implications for a Euro import

3. Really, ok cheers.

4. I'm sure there are guys on here who have done it so I'm sure they'll know for sure
    Just a guess on my part :D

• WTF WTF x 1
  5. Only asked as there's a fireblade sat in a garden in slovenia doing nothing even took reg plate off for some reason it's there all the time nice 954 model in black and silver must be Euro colours, it might be broken though ha

6. I'm Driving through Slovenia on Saturday....:joy:

7. I just left yesterday, I'm back in just over two weeks ha

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm in Dubrovnik at the mo. Driven here via Germany, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Croatia
    Heading back via Slovenia, Austria and Germany

9. Nice, I left bled yesterday went to murska sobota, through Austria past the bloody red bull ring near on, at Frankfurt now off to Calais in a mo, I'm back over on the 1st/2nd off to Prague then down to bled via wherever as looking for more work

10. Heading to Bled on Saturday. I enjoyed Prague... oh yeah had a few days in Budapest, enjoyed that too. Been real hot the last few weeks, nice drive though.
    Looking for work ??

11. Go to the bus station in bled virtually opposite is a bar with pizza restaurant above and restaurant below nice food not too dear, good pizza upstairs, if you go in the morning big guy with a bald head and ponytail lol called Arno he has a heap of bikes, bar full of reg plates and motorbike pictures, pizza place has about 3 old bikes in it, place has some umbrellas outside for shade, it's not quite opposite basically it's about 50 metres from back of the bus bays all two of them, bike rental by the bar, I do light removals mainly in Europe this summer enjoying it too.

12. If it's sunny try go round the lake really nice at the moment lots of people swimming and relaxing

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hi - if you want to register the bike in the UK you will need a NOVA reference from HMRC. Essentially proof that VAT has been paid on it - without this you will not be able to get it registered. You want a full invoice from the seller plus as much documentation as you can get - ie old log book, etc. You can then apply to DVLA for the Nova reference , then MOT it on the chassis number , insure it and apply to DVLA to a age related reg number. The last bit is relatively easy - its the Nova reference that causes problems.
    Cheers

14. Thank you

15. If its from within the EU no VAT or other import duties, even if the bikes age predates our entry into the EU/EEC. You will need to complete a NOVA (within 6 days of bringing the bike in to the country?) Without that you'll get all sorts of complications trying to register it with the DVLA. Registration with the DVLA for a secondhand bike on an age related plate is £55.
    My bikes are insured on classic policies and are no more expensive for being imported second hand from the EU.

16. :upyeah:

17. Just seen most of my post already explained by EPS. Apologies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. When I looked at this the bike had to have a certain mileage on it cannot remember if it was 3.5k or 5k miles otherwise it's classed as new and is liable for VAT

19. Yes - you just about get away with the Nova after a period of importing but it needs to classed as aa change of intention !! Ie it was never going to be road registered becuase it was a race bike and you have now decided to road register it.

20. Are you? I'm in Milan tonight and driving through Slovenia tomorrow down to Croatia.
    Small world.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information