1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europe's Most Technical Track

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Air Duck, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Anyone can chip in with any experiences you've picked up:

What the most technical track you've ridden?

Am looking for a layout with varied and challenging low and mid speed corners and not a horsepower track.

What do you know? Let's have it! :fist:

2. Top technical track (and one of my all time favourites) is probably Portimao but it's also very fast. Cartegena probably best fits the bill. Very tricky to go really fast on, not really one of my favourites on the Panigale despite me usually liking demanding tech tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Portimao definitely !!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Portimao because of so much blind entry/exit. But I’ve onky ridden there and Cartagena so not a bit set of data to compare ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Portimao needs to be experienced IMO. It has a straight (of course) where fatty on his ZX10R will 'ave you. But the rest is wibbly, wobbly, uppy and downy....:cool:
    Blasting your bike, knee down at 100mph + on the down hill curve into the final straight is just a beautiful thing. :heart:

#5 Nelson, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. That big white elephant opposite Almeria is supossed to be 'technical'....But IMHO looks shite,

7. Haha Andalucia is on my short list - I'm sure I'll hate it - but it looks like what I'm after TBH: Lots of slow-speed corner practice.

High speed corners I'm OK at, it's the tight naddegry stuff I need to practice!

Haha... "fatty on his ZX10R" :laughing:

I figured the track I'm looking for will probably be disliked by most if not all as it will be difficult and tiring as opposed to full-throttle-fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cartagena is good for that

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. the ring; officially a toll road but what a place!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Estoril might be worth a look. It is technical and has a really tight chicane which I'm sure you would find a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Cartagena has 3 hairpins (of sorts) plus a China’s and only one corner that doesn’t really need brakes.

The Andalusia one is exclusively Fe isn’t it?

12. Cartagena is a marmite track though. I've been 4 times and hated it more each time I went and would never go again.
    I know people who love the place though.

13. I also didn't like Cartagena.

14. Id say from my Sunday morning outing South Wales into Hereford was the most technical track ive ever been on... :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. When we were at Almeria in May, someone said that Andalusia had been given/sold to Tito Rabat. FE seem to have a very small number of dates for it but from my perspective it's better suited to go karts, it's got so many bends.
    Marmite or not, Cartagena might well become one of the few tracks available to UK trackday promoters at an affordable cost. Just heard the price for my Jerez trip next autumn, gonna top the £1k :eek: but I'm still going as it's too good to miss. This time next week, we'll be on the plane to Cartagena for 3 days open pit lane .... wahoo :yum. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  16. C'mon then guys... put some meat on the bone! "I don't like it" isn't that useful in this discussion :upyeah:

17. Not flowing enough for my tastes. Mind you, it was my first track experience, maybe I'd feel different now.
    Plus from a personal perspective only, when I do a euro I look at the whole package/experience. So, track, location, garages, hotel, coke and hookers all have a part to play...:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. The trouble is tracks are personal and what one person likes another won't. I like elevation changes and I like flowing tracks.
    Cartagena to me is small and visually unappealing. There are a few similar corners around 180 deg with late apexes and I just find it a bit boring.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Not as well known as the others mentioned but there is a track in Hungary called EuroRing which is difficult for powerful bikes and great for 600s.

It’s so nadgery that I lap using 2nd and 3rd only. I think the fastest times are set by the 600s every race meeting.

It has a front straight with a kink just as you want to change to 4th, a never ending right followed by a left leading onto that straight, a chicane with high kerbs and only one fastish curve.

[​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Try the roads around the Eiffel ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information