1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Been Low Balled With A P/x Valuation By Ducati Main Dealer?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by cozmo1589, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Given that really its buyers market out there, I tend to shop around for the best deal i can and as such I am pricing up the best package I can get on brand new Multistrada 1260s dripping with optional extras. I invited 4 x dealers to quote me for the bike and value my px which is a late 2017 Monster 1200S, a dry weather bike in showroom condition with less the 3k on the clock. Three of the dealers bid almost identical valuations but Moto Rapido Winchester low balled me and offered nearly 2k less than the other Ducati retailers !! Needless to say I am shopping elsewhere (again,) no matter how many times I approach Moto Rapido they always manage to pour cold water all over a deal and force me to go to somewhere else which is a shame as they are my closest dealer. Anyone else have similar experiences??

2. My niece was considering swapping her 11 month old monster 821 for a new Supersport. When she was given a value for her 821 from Moto Rapido, it was so low that she decided to keep it.
    She is just north of Blandford so has not been to any other dealers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. So not just me then mate, glad about that in a round about way as I was starting to think it was as I've approached them 4 times over the years but each time they never really want to handle my enquires seriously. There is another dealer just a bit up the road up the road over in Alton which is not a million miles away. They seem quite eager to do business and I can highly recommend InMoto in Croydon, Surrey but thats a fair run up from Blandford. Other than that I guess its Bristol but have never had dealings with them (yet.)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Is the £2000 the difference in the cost to change bike? The trade in price could be higher at some dealers, but reflected in their sales price of the bike you want. The rate of interest is often different at dealerships.

I never buy brand new bikes or cars, so I am curious if these things affect new bike sales as they do used ones.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Moto Rapido actually put a value on my bike which was circa 2k less than any other dealer. They were just being very greedy in my honest opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yes. Ducati Leeds (and their Triumph dept) do the same. I've given them 3 opportunities to take my money and they have been incredibly rude to deal with. I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss now.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. What was the 'cost to change' from all 4 dealers as the Trade In value is irrelevant, its just a number in a box, the lowest Trade In offer doesn't always result in the highest cost to change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The cost to changed fluctuated a little between three of the dealers as some were discounting the new bike and some were discounting the accessories. They all had valuations of between 9250 and 9850 for my px but Moto Rapido had no incentives over and above any of the other three dealers so their CTC was the highest due to the low ball px valuation which did have a significant affect on the money I'd be parting with.

9. Gotta get it out of the leg bag first :mask:

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Ducati Stoke seem reasonable with PX figures they offered a good price against a.1100 scrambler
    A mate got a good deal at Piddock when he traded his multistrada.1200s in for a speed triple

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Shame to read this about Moto Rapido. I dont buy new bikes owing to my intense dislike of depreciation but I have bought 2 second hand bikes from them. No part ex in either case , just excellent prices from them along with very good service from George who could not have been more helpful.

#11 dukesox, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Cant knock their service dept, I have taken my Monster there for servicing and will do so with the Multistrada, just a shame about the sales team but there you go. Glad from some of the other reply that it's not just me who find them difficult to deal with when trying to buy a bike.

13. Ducati Stoke got my business on a 1260s last year. More to do with the PX on an MV, other dealers didn't want to know. Was a matter of them finding a trade contact they could move it on to and Simon at DMC made the effort and found someone. They also did a decent deal on the acceories I wanted. What's more they're now opening a new showroom just down from me which is nice and convenient. Try to convince myself they did that just for me :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So offer them the chance to beat the best deal you were given, then you can buy off your servicing dealer which comes with it's own advantages, remember always support your local merchants where ever possible.

15. I would only ever support a local business, if they were supporting local customers.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Couldn't agree more Bob. Thats why I am prepared to do a 220 mile round trip to buy my new bike from Ducati Croydon (In Moto) as they are so professional in the sales department and honestly and realistically appraise p/x bikes plus keen to do a deal on the new bike and discount the extras. The money I have saved going to them is well worth the long drive rather than being taken for a mug up the road at Moto Rapido Winchester.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ducati shiply is a very unprofessional outfit, that is a fact from personnel experience

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. A shame that there are one or two dealers that earn themselves a bad reputation by some

19. The main point here is Ducati Bradford/shiply fucked me up in a court case, ok mistakes happen but it’s how you deal with a fuck up, I could have been looked after by them but no just measly mentions of a bit off service or some old bollocks ....fuck em

• Like Like x 1
  20. I’ve always considered Moto Rapido a workshop/service business rather than a dealer. Their workshop quality is second to none imo.
    A dealer is always going to bum you on a part ex. That’s business. Pointless getting angry about piss take offers from them. It’s a bit longer winded but if you want less of a hit you have to sell private.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information