1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Regret Selling...?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by witchellski, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Hi Guys,

I recently took advantage of a new feature on the DVLA’s website, which means you can check any number plate to establish if the vehicle is still on the road (or not). https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

I sold my old Ducati Monster about 8 years ago and really regret it... I established through this handy service that it’s been off the road since 2011, which is clearly a waste and as a result would really like to locate it again.

The bike details are as follows:
    • Ducati M900
    • Red
    • Reg M356 HCN
    I sold it to a chap called Andrew from Inverness-shire in 2009 / 2010, who may have subsequently sold it on. I have tried contacting him already, however I suspect he has changed number.

I would really appreciate any information on this as I am keen to get hold of the bike again, so please pass this on... I have also attached a pic.

Many thanks in advance.

Will

IMG_0216.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Good luck with finding it, just exactly the scenario I want to avoid right now, I'm still gutted about my 848's

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi wit,why do we keep doing this making these mistakes over and over again?
    i sold my ford RS2000 / KPD 642W it was the haynes manual car and it was on the haynes manual front cover,i restored it in 1998,another screw up in life,,good luck with finding yours.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes. Nearly all of them. Of particular note:
    1999 916 SPS
    2010 848 Evo with ohlins all round, sigma clutch, m4’s, custom map

Hindsight is a wonderful thing

How about ones you regret buying?
    675 triumph
    DR650
    GSXR 750

• Like Like x 1
  5. I havn't worked out how to sell bikes yet, I've only managed to learn how to keep buying more and get more skint :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The only thing I regret selling is 1968 Mini Cooper, miss that little car.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Regret swapping my rgv250 for f#cking PlayStation when I was 15 !!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. So how would you go about tracking down a bike, if you know it’s MOT’d and on sorn?

9. It's a good question... This is what I intend to do simply by posting on forums.

Technically there is no way through the DVLA that an individual can find an owner, unless there is a legal case (like a hit and run for example).

Good article about it here:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...ind-out-if-your-old-bike-is-still-on-the-road

W

10. It's a good question... This is what I intend to do simply by posting on forums.

Technically there is no way through the DVLA that an individual can find an owner, unless there is a legal case (like a hit and run for example).

Good article about it here:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...ind-out-if-your-old-bike-is-still-on-the-road

W

11. I'd love to have my old mk2 125lc again but feel pretty certain that the little Yamaha is now worth the same amount as my 900 Monster!

RGV250 vj21, CRM250 mk1 and DT200WR are 3 others that I definitely regret selling and can only hazard a guess at how much they are worth currently. Sold the RGV for £600 just over 5 years or so back which just goes to show how much inflation has hit two strokes in such a short period of time.

Consolation though is that I have already decided I wont ever sell the 900 but the downside is I'm now lusting after a Multi even though I've not finished the Monster... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. silly boy!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oh, and if you find it, be prepared that it may not have been cared for with the same love you would have shown it, and may now have some difficult to undo modifications you don’t like.
    Nearly all have had the tail chopped remember.

Been there with a nice Z1000 I sold and brought back 4yrs later.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I kinda miss my Triumph Rocket CA09 AOK but I p/x'd it for my Multistrada so very mixed feelings!

15. Shouldn't have sold my 748... regret that one.

IMG_20140706_191600.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I'm not even going here! :sob:

• Like Like x 1
  17. come on be a sport,,just list one for the record?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information