1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyday Sports Bikes?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bartebde, Jun 19, 2019.

1. the bike?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I think I just understood this... :joy: Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box today... :blush:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. So things escalated....!

I ended up with one of the suggestions from this thread.

4. Gixer

5. Very very almost but no

6. Go on then spill the beans.

7. Z1000 Gen4: 5years owned 18k so far and trouble free motoring, cheap spares, glouriously analog, loads of performance parts and cheap to insure (still another 5 til the valve check). Oh yeah - and bloody comfortable.

8. I have a cbr1000rr 2007 Repsol. Although it's black at the moment.
    18k miles now.. no issue. I upgraded the master cylinder and front calipers some say the oem are fine, but I tried various cbr 1000's and I didn't like the distance traveled vs lever movement.

I thought the bike was bland, it kind of is...but if you use the power it goes well enough. It is a wheelie machine apparently. Only really exciting when on a bumpy narrow road hitting up speeds, but easy to ride quick is no bad thing.

I have covered some miles on it in one stint comfortable enough.

I recall 08 -13 saw some changes... weight reduction but figures suggest not much changed in performance?

I also know someone who commutes on a newish BMW1000RR Silverstone area to London has covered many miles no issues.

My blade feels a bit big/heavy to me but I track a 600cc.

And Repsol bikes were every other year. A Chassis number via honda can tell the paint code, sticker on the sub frame. They also had silver frames not black.

Too late, you've bought something?

9. If it’s very almost but not, it’s eityer a gsr1000 (or gsx, not sure latest model) or an s1000rr as we know all previous models were based on a gixer anyway ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Got something yes.

Very nearly with the GSXR, as in I almost pulled the trigger on a nice 17 used model. Bizarrely, when I was actually at a honda dealer looking at a selection of blades.

Was still keen on a beemer but found something else with heatedly grips and cruise control...

11. Really liked the GSXR, so went to the local Suzuki dealer.

Who were keen to get me on a GSX-F. Loved almost everything about the bike, apart from the looks.

So the eventual bike was in the naked category. And the supermoto has likely become collateral

#52 Bartebde, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  12. Can’t beat a supermoto for commuter on short distances. I only ever wear out rear tyres cos the front don’t touch the floor

• Like Like x 1
  13. and the bike is ?????

14. Come on! Killing us here....

15. Bins go out on Thursday.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. You Tease You.

17. Settled on the super naked route but figured this one was near and damm it a sports bike!

DEC05EE4-220C-4397-984E-7950BB19EE78.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  18. E6B08E30-7491-4257-AC34-FE3EE25EE0E5.jpeg
    Why ever not?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 3 electrical breakdowns on my Panigale in the winter, that’s why.

(2 of those occasions were biblically wet - needed Noah’s Arc not a bike)

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information