1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyday Sports Bikes?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bartebde, Jun 19, 2019.

1. I think was a little unlucky with 2 of those, though.

I also had an unhappy face every time it got totally minging

But at least it gave me an excuse to clean it :)

2. I appreciate the original photo was a little bland.

But now that the sun is out and I’ve not got a lot else to do....

0D257186-281B-46C2-AF7D-AC1303EEFA1A.jpeg

AE0042F3-43BB-4AD6-8603-C84C67B2D363.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Looks a lot better with the RSV4 tail unit on

4. For sports, I'd go S1000RR. For sport tourer where you won't miss a sports, R1250RS. For cheaper, Aprilia Mille or big bang R1.

5. That it does!

Although I miss the RR tail for luggage capacity though, you could strap quite down onto it. I’ve got the Kriega straps, so can prob get up to 40l on the bike but at that size I tend to wear a rucksack.

6. I used to tour on my RSV4 back in the day, I used the Ventura system with a 50l luggage bag, great stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think the Ventura kit is the best you can get. Had the brackets for my V4 Tuono and 1299S and the worked a treat.

8. Agree, I've had brackets on my 748 for years and just fitted a set on my 1098 as well, Can't recommend them highly enough.
    DSC_0069.JPG

9. Are they strong enough to support a top box?

I know that they sell am attachment but there seem to be mixed reviews on whether they would support much weight?

10. like this you mean?

4E6C5D83-EC2D-4520-9063-DEB166D62FE5.jpeg

11. Just like that!

Looks like a more stable option to the hepco Becker sportsrack and box combo?

12. They support plenty of weight although I can't see why you would want a top box, I had two bags zipped back to back and they carried far more than any top box ever would. With the rain cover over them they were 100% waterproof and when you arrive at journey's end you just lift them off and use the carry handles to take them indoors or use as a rucksack with the shoulder straps. I was followed at around 100mph ( not in UK :grinning:) and it was commented on that they were rock solid.
    Maybe not the cheapest option but absolutely the best one as far as my experience of them goes.

13. I had the H & B rack before the Ventura and didn’t rate it. Didn’t seem stable at all

14. that is some tank bag!!! you smuggling immigrants or summat?

15. Got to be Blade, Suzuki rots.

16. Can't remember everything in there but I know there were a few basic tools and I think waterproofs, I can remember it pissed down in Wales on the way out and the whole ride back across Ireland was biblical as well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information