1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone On The Road Is A Clown

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flatfish, Oct 2, 2017.

1. i have a terrible habit of one wheeled overtaking , im going to think twice about that from now on.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. All this tech sounds good, but is it? If an autonomous car has to choose between crashing into another car or a small child on the footpath, it will choose the child as this lessens the chance of occupant injury, but the child's odds are slim while the other cars are reasonably good, is this right?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I'd be interested to hear Robarano's take on this, but my understanding is that the autonomous car is designed to follow road lanes and "look" around enough to avoid collisions. If something say, veers across from the other side of the road it won't itself veer off the road to avoid the collision, it'll just see an obstacle and brake (or perhaps change lanes if there is time). Much of it's "intelligence" is to avoid leaving the road at arbitrary points. That's outside the navigable universe. A pedestrian is another obstacles to avoid.

4. [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. This part, has been on my mind for the last year or so. catching double white lines by accident or design a no go. Overly aggressive overtaking manoeuvres and cutting in etc all out as well.
    All things I would typically not do, but just in the same way speed cameras do not tell the whole story....worrying.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information