1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evo 1100 Fitting Dp Cams

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Hi folks. My Evo SP finally arrived this week and I'm already planning all of its mods. There's going to be a few, but nothing drastic.

I have the option of removing a set of DP race cams from a 2007 Hyper 1100 and fitting them to my SP. My question is... is it worth the hassle (I will be fitting an SC Project full exhaust and Wasp pod filters) and do I need to buy a bunch of specific tools to do the job? Also, where's the best place to buy valve shims?
    I build high performance aircooled VW engines for a living, so am quite handy with engineering, although never touched a Desmo motor before. Is the job a major hassle or relatively straightforward?

Cheers, Matt

2. Ironically yesterday as i was watching my crankcases being split (and in turn the cams being removed) i asked the same question. Ducati John said "well, hmm, yeah and no, while a good thing the first thing that needs to happen once theyre in is itll need to be remapped." The other thing he said "if your spending a lot of time round the top end then theyre good". He mentioned something about the fact that it may need a bit more frequent servicing - but, to be honest i cant remember exactly what he said as i was trying to let him concentrate on splitting the motor....

From watching mine being removed the job can be done while in situ but im guessing youll be factoring in a valve check also....

3. I know the guys who had them fitted in te older bikes loved them, but the motor characteristics are very different to the SP I’m guessing?

4. Hmmnnn... that's a good point. The Evo engine has revised combustion chambers and higher compression. I wonder if there is a specific Evo DP cam...?

5. I wouldn't say Ducati john recommended them but he kinda half agreed.... I think what he was getting at was "if you have them then maybe fit them but then expect the extra upkeep also" having said that I'm an upgrade whore so if had some in front of me I'd probably fit them....

6. Im guessing the hyper evo sp is also the old motor not newer 821.

7. Yes, aircooled 1100 Evo engine

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information