1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Evotech Guard

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Michael, thanks for pointing that out. And I notice that the part number for the engine guard is totally different whereas the part number for the radiator guard is only slightly different. A case of wait & see, I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Having just traded my 1200S for a 1260S I can confirm that the Evotech rad and oil guards fit but the cylinder guard does not. It has a different set of fittings on the left side.
    Edit: Having checked I may well have forgotten to take the bracket off my old 1200S and so the guard may still fit, will let you know. Just called the dealer to see if they've sold it yet!!

Update: Spoke to Evotech, the 1200S guard is different to the 1260S guard.

#22 OoRanoO, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. However, I did try the guard on my 1260 and it did fit apart from the fact I had the missing bracket that attached to the front header pipe. I've ordered a new bracket and again. I'll update you all to see if it does fit my 1260.

4. Ordered the missing bracket for the 1200S engine guard and it arrived today. Thought I'd give it a go rather than shelling out £90 for a new one. Guess what, the 1200S engine guard does fit my 1260S despite them having different part numbers.

5. Did anyone else have an issue with oil coming out of the cylinder head when removing the left bolt? 2019-05-18_15-26-59.jpg

6. Just posted this on the oil top up thread ...

When you remove that cover the screws should screw out the bolt that goes into the head. If the whole lot starts spinning you need to try and hold the main part. You can see it has a hexagonal on it for a spanner, not sure how easy that is to access with the cover fitted though.

IMG_2716.JPG

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Thanks Rich, that explains it. Is that cover discarded after installing the guard? If it is, maybe I can just cut it to get access to the hexagonal.

8. Yes - no use for the cover, ideally you'd be saving it for when you move the bike on so if you can get it off with no damage thats the way to go.

9. I've been told these guards are a nightmare to fit on the 1260, is this true? I fitted some to my 1200 and it was very straightforward

10. That does improve the look considerably
    I'm waiting for (hoping that) Evotech to produce something to fill/cover the gap between the rad and lower fairing/belly pan on the 1260 Diavel

11. EA37F04F-4541-4E9E-BC15-7EFE080D3A30.png
    It ain’t too much of a job ‘Bob’ it took me about 1-2 hours, most of that time was refitting the panels...again and again. They never seem to go back right!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I took mine off my 1200S and fitted straight onto my 1260S (after I had bought the bracket that I'd accidently left on the 1200). Was easy to fit and very straight forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks, wish I'd kept my old ones now....

14. Cheers, see above!

15. if anyone wants an alternative i have a few choices available on my website. Made in small batched in the UK so your not likely to cross paths with anyone with one ;)
    www.iconicparts.uk

here's my bike with my guards on

20180706_111538407_iOS.jpg

IMG_9615.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hi #Twin4me, I think the satin black bash plates look great. Can you recall where you got them done, how much, did you send engine guard as well for colour match and what prep if any you needed to undertake. Many thanks in advance Speedy555

18. Hiya. I used these guys as they are local to me in Crawley, just asked for a satin black. The first lot they did for my DVT were a little better finish than the recent ones ( there were a few marks where it hadn’t taken as well)

They cleaned them for me so no prep (and paid cash I think it was about £30-35 for the belly pan, exhaust cover and pillion pegs)

http://www.a1-anodising.co.uk/

19. I also got the evotech guard !! Best looking guard on the market for me :upyeah:

5DE2C786-1B1E-4DF1-8C0E-B8F12065D332.jpeg B96A643C-C939-4BDC-9B02-32CAD34F7F97.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information