1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Evotech, Hand Guard Protectors 2018+

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bobmg, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Hi all, has anyone fitted any of these yet, all went well till I tried to re-install the bolt cover caps on the mirror arms, I can not get them back in flush, tried spray grease on them, penetrating oil, still no luck, am I missing an easy way to do this??

IMG_2820.jpeg

IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2824.jpeg

IMG_2825.jpeg

2. I have fitted them also, phoned EP, they stated the caps do not fit back on.... you might be able to cut them down, something I’m considering trying...

3. That's very atypical of EP... usually their stuff looks a treat. I just put these handguard protectors on the XR and have been impressed by them, was considering the Multi ones too, but that's a poor show! :(

[​IMG]

4. T
    Had been considering these also, presumably the bolts are longer than the originals but the bolt heads must also be taller and / or wider, preventing the rubber caps from fitting, maybe need to get them turned down to match the oem ones :thinkingface:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I have fitted these, and yes the bolts in the kit are longer and have a bigger larger head that stops the rubber caps from fitting correctly, I tried to find the same bolts as original but longer for the hand guard bracket but failed to locate any. I was lucky I had a work colleague who’s friend had a machine shop and took the heads down for me, and now the caps fit fine again

• Like Like x 2
  6. :thinkingface: Pretty poor design all-round don't you think. Bearing in mind the high likelihood of the bike owner wanting their bike to be otherwise unimpaired as a result of this modification, Evotech ought to have ensured the right bolt fitment was provided to enable these caps to go straight back into place. Or provide alternatives to fit in order to match their bolt set-up.
    Perhaps as 7ony above has suggested, trimming the caps down a little might do the trick ;)
    They look decent enough, but don't look as if they actually will protect the fragile indicator plastics that much, in the event you have an 'incident'!
    Hopefully you won't ever need to check this out.

Safe riding and good luck with fitting the OEM caps.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BUT, I have to say they are nicer looking than Barkbusters

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Just been back to finish it off, I have ended up trimming the rubber back until I could get them in flush, slightly proud at the small opening where you prise them out, took them back out, a blob of silicone on the bolt heads, refitted, looks ok now, the reason I took the option to trim them, was the fact you can buy new rubber caps from Ducati, £3.48 for the pair.
    A cheaper option than having the bolt heads machined, a poor show though from Evotech for not supplying the correct bolts, and knowing that they are wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi, just wanted to ask if anyone knows if Evotech brake and clutch levers fit all Ducati’s, I’m sure I read that somewhere, anyhow , I have removed the short levers from my Desert sled and was going to fit to my multi DVT , are they compatible?cheers

10. Desert sled = cable clutch
    DVT = hydraulic clutch

11. Cheers, doh !!:tired_face:

12. The OE ones feel nicer in the hand anyway... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :upyeah: I agree, but in the situation where you prefer to save yourself and the bike from greater damage, I think I'll go with the Bark-Busters look; as increasingly uglier they might be...…...:astonished:

14. I agree, not the usual high standard from Evotech, I have had quite a bit of kit off them for my bikes, and it’s normally top notch gear,but they have dropped the ball a bit on these hand guards, not supplying the correct bolts and leaving the rubber plugs off is not correct practice. If you don’t refit the plugs water will pool in the mirror base and eventually corrode the threads. Come on Evotech, supply the correct bolts and do the job right

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Fitted my evotech hand guards today all good bolts were fine and rubber bungs fitted back in.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Don't Doh yet.
    The EP are a Pazzo Racing design. If as such (which I beleive they are), all levers are identical. You may only have to buy the inner piece. Ask them.

17. They must have changed the bolts then

not good for those of us that got them with the incorrect bolts!

18. Agreed!, I've done the same as Bobmg and trimmed the bungs down, looks fine..... if someone decides to complain to EP and gets replacement bolts, please post. Thanks

19. In normal times I would say contact Garry Twigg at: [email protected]
    But now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have just emailed Garry, I will await his response and report back!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information