1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would not put much credence in the bodywork. It is just a prototype after all and merely a test bed for the new engine. Final bodywork will be heavily camouflaged (unlike this example, which reinforces the point that this is not what the bike will look like) and most of the testing will be at Nardo, where it is notoriously difficult to get a sneaky photo in, even with an unfeasibly long lens! One interesting feature is the new swingarm, which has an "underslung" axle, rather like the 1299SL, though clearly not in carbon. Upper fairings (if they are indeed a nod to the final design) seem to have some styling cues from the Supersport with the rear flowing back towards the tank. Not convinced the lights are representative, nor the lowers and we are still no wiser as to the Euro4 compliant exhaust design (underbelly or side exit). Occasionally the factory does have a couple of road going bikes, which will likely test later this year. I wonder if they will rope in TB or Stoner to do some final shakedown tests. Much to speculate about.

2. If it looks like the 1199/1299, has a V4, is quicker, more powerful and makes you smile like a cheshire cat, I'm in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I thought it was going to be a whole new tool? Not Fannygale ++

4. Unless that test rider is 6ft 7, then I would say it looks like someone stole a mini moto, on the positive side, we might finally have a ducati thieves might not steal in London?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheers for the translation, interesting read. Plus one from me on the unfortunate likelihood of the side exhaust :( I really hope there's some way around having several thousand pounds worth of dead weight when buying a new bike for the track! It looks likely they are going to keep it light like the Panigale which is awesome when everything is getting truck size to get headline figures out of machines hobbled by the emissions laws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1200cc for the base and S! Ooh yes please :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good point. The Ducati V4 Taglioni will have to be a big step change better than the Aprilia V4 if it's going to find a market niche.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Are we going to run a book on what the new V4 will be called?
    The Ducati V4 Stoner 1200 perhaps!

9. Will 100% getting V4R then thats it peeps not buying anymore and I'm going too hopefully make sure they don't take my trousers down
    Like me buying the V4R and then 3 months later they bring out loads and loads of marketing rubbish and bring out V5.RRRRRRRRRRR
    lol. and tell you how much better it is than the R and its Limited Edition Anniversary dedicated to Stoner BLAH BLAH BLAH lol
    Im sure most of you know what I'm saying lol

10. If Ducati is finally bought by the the Americans we could be looking at the new V4 Trump and the v4r would be the V4 Republican Trump.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Have no idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. [​IMG]

Front top fairing lines are reminiscent of the 916.

13. an rsv4 that looks like a panigale? who in the right mind wouldnt want one ? without a doubt, a v4 is the best motorcycle engine available, imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. As above. @Pete1950 it will need to grab the headlines but I don't think it necessarily needs to be hugely better than the RSV4 to sell as the reason that doesn't sell is because few people trust the support from Aprilia. If the RSV4 had the support structure that Ducati has I reckon it would have sold loads more units?

One thing that might be difficult is to find the reliability with an engine that is so much more complicated than a twin although they reckon they have it in the GP bike (until this weekend....)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ducati V4 (Desmo D16) runs as good as any other Ducati V2, it still has the Ducati feel and DNA. V4 is probably a natural progression for the modern Ducati production units. I have a Desmo, 1199s, 996sps,...... and all are distinctly Ducati's, just from different eras. I'm pretty sure the new V4 will look different than the Panigale, Ducati will not spend $$$$ producing a V4 and just put it in a Panigale. Possibly Ducati has learned a lesson from the major problems of D16 early production engines and is playing it safe this time. Lets not jump into conclusion and wait to see what happens.

#35 on2wheels, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Don't you just love autocorrect. :D

Or did you mean "concussion"? :p

17. Conclusion, dang that autocorrect.

18. If it looks good and doesn't have a shit exhaust the size of a wheelie bin on it and is faster and a better motorcycle than the 1299 I'll buy one.

But I'd probably wait a while after launch, You know what Ducati are like

19. Faster than a 1299? Are you nuts? Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information