1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've realised that I'm feeling bitter that 'Ducati twins' are no more, I guess we all understand why they've moved over to the cylinders+RPM approach but it's still somewhat sad to acknowledge that this it probably it for big V or L twin Superbikes.

I guess we saw it coming with the Panigale, more revs and power and torque further up the rev range. It was already the end of the 'torque everywhere' monsters.

Peak torque on the new V4 is what, around 12.5K RPM? Less than a 1K RPM from peak power at 13K RPM. Long time Ducati riders are going to have to take a different approach I guess.

I bet there'd be a fuss if Harley Davidson brought out an inline 4, Porsche drop the flat 6, etc.

I'm crying in my soup for the old Superbike twins but looking forward to the new 'MotoGP' fours.

And yeah, I know - it's not a MotoGP bike etc etc but anyone will find it hard to convince me that none of the knowledge Ducat have amassed by racing their V4s isn't going into this bike.

Looking at the design they've announced for the road engine I don't really understand why so many are moaning about its unconfirmed looks as that'll be the least challenging part of adapting to it coming from a big twin.

It's the end of the tractors :pensive:

2. be nice if they brought out a baby v4... A 6-750 lightweight screamer... I'd be more interested in that...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. They have not said anywhere that I am aware of that they are getting rid of the L-Twin, they have stated that the new V4 will be for the top of the range Superbikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah I’d much rather lighter and less power than 210bhp or whatever they’re claiming.

5. The 959 remains I believe

• Like Like x 1
  6. porsche are going to 4 cylinder blowers.
    Ducati are introducing v4 to mainstream superbikes.
    fgs, BMW even play M3 soundtrack through the speakers on sport mode :thinkingface:
    It would be boring if it all stayed the same i guess
    In my opinion it only makes the old versions more special, which is good, cause we wil be keeping them longer!

On a side note, I find the panigale so appealing because that oversized agricultural sounding V2 should not work in such a beautiful chassis, but it does, harmoniously , and I love it :heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah I was referring to big twin superbikes, like what we have now.

8. Well fk me... :astonished:

Sell, sell, sell, sell!

Order a V4 if you track :imp:

:mask:

9. What have you seen?

10. The price? :D

11. A 500,000 euros NDA :worried:

12. ‘We listened to our customers and have improved even more’ jargon for people complained, so we fixed the bits we know were bad or poorly designed.

13. I'll cover the cost, just tell me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I don't have the 'Love You' thingy otherwise I woulda used it :upyeah::heart:

15. Well I was referring to the 'updated model' syndrome where the testers tell us a bike is pretty much perfect or at least they don't tell us the bad bits with the bike, until the newer updated model comes out.

I love Ducati sports/super bikes and well, they've really gone and done it now :upyeah:

FORZA DUCATI :punch:

16. You old tease you....long as it doesn’t look like that bloated whale in the leaked pictures.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wilf of MotoRapido tweeted this yesterday...

7DB46A37-864F-4FC9-B1F0-46E4229EBEF8.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. It is a bike we're talking about here isn't it?

19. No, it's a Superbike, THE Superbike!

20. Everything else just got really old

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information