1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So you’ve seen one?

2. I've heard it's got three wheels. One in the middle. I've sent them a cheque for 500 billion francs.

3. As long as it doesn't have that fairing coming up over the fuel tank s1000rr style, I don't care.
    If it has and those that have seen it saying it looks epic will be cruising for a BRUISING! Lol :joy:

4. That's a brave statement, although I'm sure it'll be ok.

Are we sure people aren't just getting carried away with the fact ducati have a v4 (again)?

5. Does it have special electronics to stop it crashing a lot then, or a replacement for those 50p washers in the clutch that keep failing? :joy:

6. I'll give it until May 2018 before there's a long thread complaining about the fixtures and fittings being shit :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. You're assuming a late April 2018 launch then?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Possibly mid March and a couple of washes at least.....but yeah, early doors :)

9. Whatever your point, it flew a good few feet over my head.

10. No, but we all know what it looks like. Yep we've all seen it already...

11. Agreed, true though! POWAHHH!!! :imp:

12. Just quoting a few of the excuses from the Race Team Owner Handbook :p

13. Ok so I've spoken to a dealer who was at the Ducati dealer conference on Lake Como earlier this week. When pressed over the three leaked photos from the factory we've all now seen, what I did glean was the following:

1. The bike definitely retains the fairing/tank Supersport side extensions

2. The battery and many of the electronics are now mounted under the front end of the fuel tank

3. The TFT dash rather like the new Monster 821, now sports a new layout in as much as it also (a first for Ducati) actually displays the fuel level in the form of a bar graph and this TFT will be rolled out across other models in the months/years to come

4. When showed the leaked photos they were only prepared to say that the bike shown in those images is not representative of the bike they saw earlier this week, as in real life the front end is much much narrower/lighter/leaner and overall physically is very close to Panigale V-twin proportions, compared to the lardy version we have seen so far.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Multi has a bar graph for fuel

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Fair dos. Possibly a first on the Monster 821 and V4 then. More encouraged by the description I got of the bike's slender proportions as opposed to the pics and what they portray.

16. Thing is, almost everyone hated the looks of the 749/999 bikes when we all saw the photos and video reviews but when you see a 749/999 in the flesh it looks just right assuming no ugly graphics layout.

Same same.

See it touch it lick it ride it, then decide

• Like Like x 2
  17. To be fair, Ducati could display the fuel level by way of a stack of custard creams and it'd still be as accurate as my translation of accent Egyptian hieroglyphics ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. The dash on the new 821 looks good, and hopefully they address the screen misting issues that some tft's screens suffer.

So the leaked pics id say were a plant to guage / stir press & public. The fairing we seen probably bulbous & camouflaged to hide the bikes shape.

Not long now to see / find out about it.

19. TBF the DVT is bang on. you get to zero miles and you will put 19l in it

20. More importantly, the scratching issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information