1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does that use custard creams as a means of displaying the range?

2. Panatone. Tiny ones :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 226 bhp is that right ?

4. Almost correct. I've been told by a UK dealer (I cannot disclose who) that these pictures (which were taken in a developmental area of the Bologna factory) were most likely doctered in house (some extremely good PS skills here to still give an air of authenticity) or more likely, pre-production bodywork has been fitted (as has been muted many times) before they were "leaked" onto the net. All part of the game and we at least know that the real bike is considerably thinner than these images show the bike to be. When I spoke to the dealer he said that at a glance you could not differentiate it's proportions from those of a Panigale V-twin. The tank is also I am told much more slender than the images we've seen so far. It's not yet clear where exactly the battery sits under the tank, but from what I have been told it is located towards the front of the tank, so most likely it is housed under the forward detachable top panel thus not encroaching into the airbox volume under the tank itself. The side fairings incorporate the extending spars (still not keen on those) but again, as with all of the pictures I showed him, he concurred that the actual bike is much more flowing and petite in terms of bodywork and styling. Music to my ears. He really wasn't prepared to say more than that and he's been asked a lot about it since returning to the UK from the conference. I know the dealers have to respect the NDA and TBH, I don't really want to rain on their unveiling parade, but a few morsels of info now and then can't hurt!!

5. 226bhp.....:upyeah:

You could race and be competitive in bsb on a road bike is mental and awesome :cool:

6. 458 I've heard. And that's just at the front wheel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. It's grafted onto a Ferrari?.....Cool

8. Stick a panigale on the back of a 458, I bet that's pretty quick.

9. The revised chassis can put down the full power of the Veyron engine they’ve shoehorned into the frame.
    Circa 1000bhp.

10. So we are saying it will defo have that abortion of a fairing going up covering the tank as per this pic o_O:triumph:

6D9A6B77-AB99-4C5A-96DC-A8502AEA754B.jpeg

11. Yes, but I'm told they are much slimmer than those pictured in the photo. In fact the whole fairing is allegedly much more slender. The central top tank panel is removable as it houses the battery. These photos are not the production bodywork. The dealer in question told me that in direct comparison with a V-Twin Panigale, there is not much difference in terms of physical size so I guess it's now a waiting game for a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I suspect that IS the final bodywork but it's just the reflections of the light on the fairing have been removed so the final shape is not revealed.

13. I still think to be compliant with the regulations it'll be the exhausts that'll spoil it if anything. It'll look like a supermodel with a couple of hairy warts hanging off her arse cheeks. o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The under slung exhausts should still be able to make noise restrictions IMO

KTM managed it fine with the RC8 so part of me always thought the 959 was intentional to try and shift more after market product

15. Exhaust size and placement issues are about emissions regs more than noise, an 1100 4 cylinder should be easier to make quiet(ish) compared to an 1100 twin

16. A standard rc8 could not make 98db track days, and barely 101 so think it would easily fail the new euro tests

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The latest Panigale exhaust set up is more to do with power gains than anything else. A convoluted set of twists and turns under the engine is not good for power and torque.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. not going by the exhaust on the final edition, and superleggera 2

19. Apparently a Swedish Ducati dealer in Gothenburg mistakenly posted some specs up for the forthcoming V4, which they have since hastily removed. Three versions were shown priced in Kroner.

The base model at 229,900 Kr (£20,962.00)
    The S version at 283,900 Kr (£25,886.00)
    The S Speciale at 401,900 Kr (£36,645.00). Not sure if this is an R or a highly specced up S model

Quoted figures were 196kg and 214bhp

20. Put me down for an S with full system

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information