1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Exhaust Diference

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Swamparse, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Open clutch cover is a good idea. I would t have a carbon one though.

Am sure someone will be able to help you get some settings sorted for your suspension. Most people go +15mm above stock for the seat height by tweaking the ride height adjuster.

There are two cats. The one for the vertical cylinder is in the stock can. The at for the horizontal cylinder is in the link pipe. Towards the front.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spot on... thank you looks like I maybe takingthe exhaust apart, did have a friend look at it and he couldn't see any ports or wires attached to the exhaust which some times indicate, he said you can usually tell by looking underneath the bike at the exhaust and he doesnt think it has, but I'll get the suspension adjusted this weekend inbetween work, and have a fiddle with exhaust etc next weekend I think.

3. It doesn’t have lambda sensors. It’s very basic

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. If you take a small hammer and just tap along the front pipe the noise will change when you get to the cat. It may have been de cat’d already

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. In which case look for an asymmetric system or an end can and decat the front pipe. You can add a power commander to improve how it runs. You can even have a separate map for each cylinder. I had that done and it was great. If no power commander you may need it tweaked a little by a dealer if you find it stalls easily

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. And a 50mm for 749.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information