1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Exhaust Pipe Guard Question

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Alan998, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Hello all,
    Can anyone help with a question regarding my 998sFE.
    It is fitted with carbon Termignoni end cans and the exhaust pipework measures 54mm outside diameter upstream of the cans whereas I thought the standard pipes were 50mm?
    Whilst the pipes are ok, it has a carbon Guard (heat shield) fitted whereas I would prefer the standard 998s Guard, Pt. No. 46011111A, if it fits these pipes (assuming they are non-standard).
    The centre distance between the carbon guards 2 fixing screws measures 78mm.
    My Question: Does the standard 998s Guard have the same 78mm centre distance?
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Regards, Alan.

2. Sounds like you may half the 54mm half system which is the one to have.
    The heat shield is the same for the 54mm and 50mm systems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi bettes, thanks for the info. As you probably know, Ducati still sell the standard 998s FE heat shield for around £60 so I wanted to check it would fit my pipes before shelling out for a new one. My pipework is definitely 54mm outside diameter where it enters the end cans. On the understanding that the 998s Final Edition model used the same exhaust system as the 998s, I guess someone must have upgraded the system in the past. Thanks again for your reply.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information