1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Pipe Polishing.

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Paul55, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Yoshimura stain magic - pricey but superb on exhausts

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Standard GSXR aren't they?

3. Unless I'm getting confused with something else, Cerakote is a ceramic coating that is professionally applied and you can get it in more than one finish.
    Silver is popular, it's not quite as shiny as polished stainless but doesn't discolour.
    Iirc, it works out at about £40 for each section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hey guys,

thanks all for sharing. Would any of these treatments avoid rust stains from the beginning? Which one is the most effective and what's the cost? Cheers!

5. did you get your paddock stand cerakoted as well?

6. He did his toothbrush too :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. as it's comfysofa I don't disbelieve that.

8. Sorry to let you all down gents..... But, it was black already...

however.... Due to me scoring a mk2 Ttx36 for the Rsv4 - yeah - you guessed it.... Its coming apart for cerakoting.... Just the exhaust though, and considering getting the wheels powder coated and lacquered in blue.... The original black colour is a magnet for dirt...

9. I didn't realise blue repels dirt.
    Is that why suzuki did it? then again if most suzuki's are anything to go by, then blue must attract anodised tat instead of dirt. hmmm :thinkingface:

I'm very dissapointed. Not only was the stand already black but you couldn't even be bothered to include a wheelybin in the shot.

Talking of which, are your wheely bins cerakoted? :D

10. The black wheels are that cast finish..if i get them powder coated and lacquered they'll still get dirty... Just way easier to clean...

11. Et le bins?

12. Ins: if they were the old fashioned metal ones... Like a shot...

13. Hey Stu, I'm about to do the same for my MTS. Where did you have yours polished? And was that the price for the whole pipe?

Cheers

14. Enzo, I used a local company called Camcoat in Warrington, and yeah it was for the whole pipe from cylinder to carbon silencer.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just my opinion, @Darkness

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sorry for late reply. They are standard forks from 1994. Been laid up for over 20years.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information