1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Exhaust Section Y Piece

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nervy, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Hiya,

Can the Y shaped section that connects the header pipe to the two cans on an 1199 be purchased anywhere? I can only find them for sale as part of a full exhaust system.

Apologies for the terrible wording of that question. Hopefully someone understands what I mean.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any thoughts you might have.
    N.

2. Yes you can get the part number i recently purchased one from ducati for a 959 it was £240 the robbing wankers. look on eBay always full systems on there or parts, a few on there currently. unless you're on about termi cans the piece is different

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hi Benny, thanks for replying. I appreciate you taking the time.

The bit I want is to fit two termi cans off a 1299, so I'm hoping it's a common y section to do so. Is the termi piece different to the standard ducati piece then?

Also, if I get the Y piece, any ideas if the 1299 cans will fit an 1199s, anyone?

4. 1299 is 55mm system so you'll need the full 1299 system to fit to your 1199 as 1199 is 50mm system

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oh, balls. I knew it wouldn't be easy. Thank you mate

6. Its easy to do, just needs the system swapping. Or just get 1119 cans, from memory i actually think the 1299 mounting points may be different.

7. I picked up a set of 1299 BSB race cans on here earlier in the week, I was hoping they'd just slip on. Guess I'll need the full system to go with it.

Does a 1299 full 55mm system just mount straight to the manifold then, chum?

8. So, a full 1299 termi system minus the cans?

9. These were the cans in questions. The mounting point is different for what you have on your bike from the frame, you can get the 1299 mount you need and swap it over.

the 1299 system will bolt straight on but you'll also need the y piece that comes with the cans to slot into the system

10. If i was you id sell those, buy a set of 1199 termi cans, those cans you have are akrapovic

11. Also it would pay you to remove the servo at the same time, I'm happy to do it all for you if you're local to worcester

• Like Like x 1
  12. So, a full 1299 system (minus the cans), plus Y piece, plus mounting bracket? I can just tell this isn't going to be even slightly cheap

13. Send me a photo of what you have

14. I actually couldn't be further away from Worcester if I was trying to be. I honestly don't know how I do it.

15. Ive had these bikes apart more times than i ride them, just finished a 959.

I can run you through it all or if you fancy a trip i can do it in a few hours for you

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's just the cans from the forum at the mo, as I'm picking up the 1199 on Saturday.

I wonder if it perhaps might be possible to get a y piece made with a 50mm inlet and a 55mm outlet and also source a bracket? Got to be more cost effective than buying a whole system. What do you think?

17. Thank you Benny. That sounds ace. Really appreciate that.

18. I know the cans as a friend was going to have them, if you start making stuff its going to get very complicated and will be bespoke, but won't hurt to get a price.

You can use a 1299 or 959 system to fit it but then its how to mount it, but id need to see it ideally.

19. The thing is, with those race cans the exhaust doesn't even run through the actual can. They're a dummy fascia and it just bypasses out a hole in the base so it shouldn't be too critical/ complicated to marry up, should it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information