1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Exhaust Valve Disconnect

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nkibble, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Just to add I was the one selling the ducee. There's another lad on here whose going to try it on his ms...

On my last hyper (don't know if its the same for the ms but I bought a long drill and drilled the disc out...

2. With a duc e on, is there any power / noise changes?

3. I noticed an immediate noise change. Deeper growl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks - and the only thing you changed was the duc e connector thing?

5. Same in my case... Also no 4000 delay effect...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Only thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes it's under those connectors, followed nkibble's tip and used pliers and a small screwdriver to release the retaining clip, did it in 5 minutes, cheers nkibble .

• Like Like x 1
  8. I installed my Duc.ee today and I got the same DSS error on the dash. It definitely switches the exhaust valve cable motor off but in my case also switched the DSS off as you can't hear it cycle up. Anyone else had this problem and any solution? Thanks in advance.

9. Weird. Could it be shorting internally or something?!? I'd send it back and try another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks for the quick reply. All the pins look fine and it is making a good connection. I have emailed Vizi-tec and am awaiting a reply. I will keep the forum posted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The DVT Multistrada will show a light in the dash if the exhaust valve is disconnected. Think earlier MTS owners are advising in their models not the DvT?
    I know this as J&L at Carlisle thought they'd 'fixed' my seized DVT valve, but this caused the engine light to stay on. Ended up they fitted a new exhaust section under warranty. Only the official exhaust upgrade gets round this issue. As for an after market fix for the DVT not sure....?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fitted the Duc.ee to my DVT and had no problems, I seem to remember the fault light was on because I'd tried it with only the servo disconnected, but it cleared after the first proper ride out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. There are potentially two connectors that you could have plugged it into and I'm going to bet that you've plugged it into the wrong one, because I did the same with the same outcome.

If you didn't need long-nose pliers and a thin flat-blade screwdriver then the odds are that you're plugged into the wrong one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not sure I did because the two plugs are different that are located one above the other on the right hand side. See the page from the manual.

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 08.53.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 21.42.17.png

15. I only say that because I definitely DID plug it into the wrong one on my first attempt and it produced the exact error you described. Access to the correct plug is super fiddly, so if you didn't need to resort to some kind of assistance then you're in the wrong one.

16. Hi
    Did you have to wire the valve open or just fit the spring

Do Not Sell My Personal Information