1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Exhaust Valve ? Help!!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Advikaz, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Had this several times, sounds as if there is a tinny rattle and loss of power, dealer has said it is a fairly common issue. Really noticed it while in the Pyranees and the Alps, warranty issue surely ?

2. It'll be warranty for sure, it's just the timing that's crap! I go away in less than two weeks on it :(

Was you're down on power as well?

3. Update:

It's booked in for the weekend to be plugged in and run up on the dyno

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mine sticks every now & then on my 899, I take the bottom fairings off & give the cable a jiggle with a screw driver & spray wd40 in to the end above exhaust. All ways does the trick!

• Like Like x 1

5. Yes down on power, trouble is it never does it when you visit the dealership.
    Plus Ducati are not the quickest in doing warranty work, GT's have my bike for 5 weeks now doing all the other warranty work which developed while in Andorra, and I developed a £228 Vodafone bill ringing Ducati Assist.

6. Remap ?

7. I unhooked the cable from the flutter valve on the exhaust 2 months ago and I've had no problems with it at all, It sounds deeper just like the Termi pipes, When it comes to the service I can slip the cable back.

8. Why would you put it back for a service? It makes no difference if it is off or on.
    I have removed the cable and the little motor of my bike.

9. The valve is only there for ride by tests, it basically shuts when you cruise at around 30mph.
    The valve is prone to sticking and corroding.
    4000 miles ago, I disconnected mine by unhooking the cable nipple at the valve end, from the flapper cam.
    The valve must be in the fully open position at this point, ie so the spring is forcing it open.
    No warning light is illuminated, and no codes are present, as the bike doesnt know any different.
    The bike runs cooler, and the exhaust gasses can leave properly.
    If in this condition your bike isnt right, then the valve is not the problem.
    When/if you fit a full termi/Akra system, the servo is removed, the map updated, and a blanking plug put in the wiring loom.
    Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update:

Valve free'd off and bikes now running like it should. Am going to disconnect it though as I've been told by everyone I've spoken to they're a cause of a lot of problems and frequently too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mine lock wired open from about 1000 miles then remapped , recent upgrade to Akras , fucking nuts its mental , running on near 14000 mile now no issues only fear :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information