1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Exhaust Valve Mod Pictures

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by bradders, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Unplug the stepper motor and it will become very obvious where the thing plugs in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Thanks for the info Coventry Ducati have sorted it out for me I had to buy the
    DUC-EE gizmo but did the necessary work all good now
    Can't thank John Burrows and his chaps enough for all there help and advice
    Good old fashioned customer service

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is the stepper motor a pain to get to on a DVT?

This is my third Ducati with this stupid device fitted, and I've removed the stepper motors and fitted DUC-EE units on both occasions. Very time-consuming and fiddly, but a seemingly worthwhile thing to do for long-term ownership.

Alternatively, I might try grinding off the ends of the screws with a Dremel, which also sounds like it might be tricky!

4. Its a pain to get to on all the models

I've always took a Dremel to the spot welds and removed the screws from the valve, then remove the valve, never had a problem since, just be careful not to drop the valve down the exhaust as you remove the last screw, or the screws for that matter!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Could always tip the bike up on the back wheel... I wonder how I could do that...?!

6. Abba Skylift.

7. I was thinking a more obvious answer involving a surfeit of power and torque and the enthusiastic application of the right wrist.

But that also.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. But isn't it the spindle that seizes and causes the problem in the first place? By leaving all but the flap in place, granted you won't get the drop in power with a flap stuck closed, but you'd still surely get the error on the dash once the spindle stops moving?

#28 Bumpkin, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Had this problem on my DVT. Wired the valve open disconnected the connection from the wireing harness and plug in a Healteck DUC-EE servo eliminater job done cost approx £40 problem solved never to return

10. Check the instructions. Disable and add spring on the end. No need for £50 bits of kit. Does same job :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. On my1098 where the servo is easily accessed. I removed the cables and the White plastic piece they connect to on the Servo. I then fitted a small metal bar on the servo spindle. when the servo goes through its sequence at start up and also in operation The bar stops the servo rotating and throwing up a fault light.
    i have Duc ee fitted now so i have removed the servo completely

12. I get your theory, but I’ve had a 1200 and a 1260 now and once I removed the valve the spindle never seized, and I never got a error fault..?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Does anyone have (or can take) a picture of where the Exhaust Servo Eliminator plugs in? I have the HealTech one.

I just drilled the valve out. For those worrying about losing it in the cat - I have a solution. Drill a hole through the valve whilst it's still attached and pass some string/shoelace through it. Worked a treat for me.
    ServoString1.jpg ServoString2.jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Well Paul your right !!!

I had some spare time this week and decided to take the end can off and have a look. its actually a fairly straightforward job if you have a Dremel or something similar. The spot welds on the two screws are easy to grind off and then the screws undue and the flap / butterfly can be removed. Paul is right... 20-30 mins later with a Dremel all was completed.

The difference is really noticeable, and soooo much smoother in the lower RPM range (2000 - 4000) I was a little sceptical at first, but I have to say its the best mod I have done so far. I think the real benefit is two-up riding, through villages and in town at lower speeds.

For example, when we are two-up, in say a village adhering to the 30MPH limit, I previously had to use 2nd gear with a higher RPM, but with higher RPM its tricky being super smooth two up.

Not anymore.... 3rd even 4th is possible now and its easier to keep things smooth for the passenger.

Honestly, I don't think or feel any BHP gain, but it is so much smoother in the mid range and it feels like the "pick-up" off the throttle is quicker too.

Overall, this mod has been a Win-Win job and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Oh, its sounds better too.....

Carl

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Just wanted to add, having done two more trips with my wife, the benefits of removing the flap cant be understated. For solo riding its a nice benefit but its almost like a different bike when we are two-up.

Previously for a gentle weekend tour I would only occasionally use 5th gear and virtually never 6th, But now..... straight to 6th and the motor is so much smoother.

Just thought I should share this
    Carl

• Like Like x 3
  16. The Multi 1260 is my first Duc with the valve intact. The servo in my 16 Panigale stopped working in the first few months of ownership where the dealer removed it and provided a new unit. Never reinstalled and It's still sealed in the box somewhere in my garage. The Panigale does not throw a code. The Monster's ecu was flashed to prevent the valve from closing.
    In your opinion given you have a 1260, does it make a great difference in performance?

17. Hi

I wouldn’t go as far as saying it makes a great difference, but it does make it sound a little better, and pick up feels slightly more responsive. It’s really only when it seizes the issues start

So at least I e avoided that chance happening

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Which is the reason to do it. Although you may get a bit more noise, given the valve is permanently open

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information