1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Exhaust Winter Project.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Where would you suggest I can get a link pipe for a 16 DVT Touring S? Plenty for Enduro but that’s not what I have.

I have a spare new cat, therefore playing with this one is my best option.

2. So why would a Enduro link pipe be different from S. Surely the same engine so pipework would be the same.

3. Type in item number 263861998288 on fleabay

4. I did that ?????? Link pipe.

5. Still confused. Are you saying the link pipe is different on a enduro than a S

6. The enduro pipe is completely different, in fact quite a few bits from the enduro are different, hence the enduro pipe is readily available for a reasonable cost, one for the more popular DVT are very hard to find.

Most recommend to get the full Ducati system as a link pipe is as rare as rocking horse poo.

7. Ok so back to the open up the cat & play. Not a bad idea. Done plenty of exhaust mods over the years. Porsche 911 sports exhaust were so expensive i did my own with some 30mm link pipes migged across the in & outlets. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. There’s various on eBay for the dvt 1200! Why cut and shut?

Danmoto do one.

Just type in
    ducati multistrada 1200 cat eliminator

Simples.

9. Find one for a 1200 S Touring on a 16 plate with the DVT engine and let me know.

10. 493C4FEC-DBF7-481E-AA4F-A2989C606CA6.jpeg 493C4FEC-DBF7-481E-AA4F-A2989C606CA6.jpeg F5F7919B-FB5F-45CA-AA8B-D1E7FE220D95.jpeg 6ACC2FDE-9818-4FF0-A4B2-04E2778768EC.jpeg Ok so far so good. I removed the cat which is easy enough took about 20 minutes. Double checked my spare cat was the same.

You will see from the pictures I have cut the cat with a 2mm blade in an angle grinder and you will also see I didn’t need to cut as much out as I have, so my welder will simply put it back together again. Obviously keeping the two inlet and exhaust exits alone I preceded to cut, easy.

You will now see from the pictures what’s inside and the cat bit is the round bit, removing that took a bit of time so I cut a bit off the inside which will be welded back on again and using a big hammer, numerous chisels and levers I smashed the cat out, let me say that’s very dense and when you hit it then is compresses up and makes it into a hard lump of metal, so drilling holes in it helped, but there is no substitute for hitting it hard, eventually when you have enough removed it will fold into itself and come out but again you need to spend about half an hour getting the initial bits out and it’s frustrating.

So I call my welder, who is sat on a beach in Mexico, who told him he could have a holiday when I need him, back next week. So when he is back, it’s welded back up and on the bike the next update will be here.

Could be fun.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Wonder if that will be louder than decat pipes. In effect it is a big expansion box now. ????

12. Well when my man comes back from Mexico very soon after I will find out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Made me laugh, properly laugh.

Yours will turn out cheaper and more fun.

Incidentally, I heard a decatted one the other week, sounded ggggreat. A really nice deep rumble.
    I’m sure you’ll love it when it’s done.

14. What I do know is this cat thing is heavy, I would,not want to carry one around with me, mind you her indoors carry’s a bag around with her the same size.

15. 5F1BB1B6-5AD3-47C4-AFBE-5A04C604F1CA.jpeg So it’s now welded back up (see pic) and fitted back onto the bike, should you need to fit one then you will need a small trolley jack to hold the cat, resting on it you can ease the front pipe in then up onto the rear one stopping when the bolts on the side line up. Quite easy and I managed to get the belly pan and front Evotech exhaust guard on in less than an hour. I have put the basic bit back onto the exhaust as I am in the process of painting the two silver pieces.

Started it up and yes it’s louder than the original but certainly not excessive in any way, I was surprised as I had expected it to be obscene noise wise and was planning to purchase a different canwith a baffle, I don’t need to now.

I will record a video of the sound prob on monday when I get the tail bits back on.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Should put the shits up the cat next door on overun

• Like Like x 1
  17. Look forward to hearing the video :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information