1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Exhaust Winter Project.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Hopefully you get the idea of this. It’s not obscene and if you want more then I can do another this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Another one

3. That sounds ok. Not what i thought it would be like. Do you think the bike might run a bit lean now. Have you riden it yet. ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I rode it yesterday for only three miles just to check nothing would fall off, seemed smoother to me but that might be a mental thing, hopefully when the weather gets any better or dry I will give it another longer ride.

#64 BigAlan, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  5. I take it the exhaust valve is gone. You will know if its lean when you get up around 6-8000 with it pinned. Once did a old rf900 exhaust. Ripped the insides out of it & it sounded great but flat as a fart hi up. Dyno jetted & went great after that.
    Same with gsx1400 made my own cans & same result. Fitted a dyno jet underseat adjuster & again cured it. Obviously with mutley its a different case. Bet you could get more out of it with a session on chip tuning. Whoever does them. I was lucky as the termi came with upmap & that transformed the bike.Good luck. Hope it all pans out. Steve.

6. Exhaust valve is disconnected and open, goodness knows what the weather is going to do but for the minute it’s sat on my optimiser in the garage, hopefully the weather might give me a chance to rip it up the road.

7. Mines been sorned since mid november. Too old for cold. Heater in van on full. Take care bud & keep posting results.

8. Did an hour on the bike this morning in the sun, love the sound of the exhaust even more, not offensive but for me just the right noise to warn others I am a coming up quick, gave it a bit of a handful at one stage and no hesitation in accelerating in fact it seemed smoother but that may be a mental thing going on in my head. So far so good.

9. Hi guys as promised, my 1200ABS fix ESE as recommended by PeterT has solved my engine lights error.

9A611239-94F7-421A-83E7-656D19AB3A6F.jpeg

36420E5E-933E-4BA8-993B-116B0BEEE3F9.jpeg

8BCD9DEE-2624-4989-BC2D-D5F5D2F4E3EA.jpeg

10. Yes ESE has solved my engine light on error. Thank you PeterT.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ok so after a few rides I can conclude, it’s not offensive noise wise, but it has made the bike smoother low down for example I can now go round roundabouts in second gear with no snatch’s throttle, third gear if I am a little quicker, I reckon the acceleration is smoother as well, overall I am a happy person with my project.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Alan , I'm contemplating doing this to my 1260 exhaust. How did you know the cat was in that position in the box.

13. He offered it some Go cat and it purred.:p

14. I didn’t, it was a logical thing taking into account where the pipes came in and exited, I cut to much of the case to start with (see post) so look for the tell tale signs on the outside of a weld, then cut above that. It’s simple really.

15. Cheers, I'll look closely when I've got it off.

16. Well that was a bit of a workout for a Sunday afternoon..

20190519_154236.jpg

17. It is isn’t it, that internal cat is pretty solid when you start to break it up. Now get it welded back up and fitted. Make sit better.

18. Going to be welded back up tomorrow so will be able to road test in the afternoon. What's with all the sand or something that comes out as you beat the crap out of it

19. I guess it’s part of that cat thing, swept it up and chucked it away.

Combined with the flap thing removed in the exhaust it makes the bike better.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information