1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive First Ride Out Of The Year!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kirks1989, Apr 8, 2018.

1. fucking roads are disgusting, and the local councils want burning to the ground. Like the marquez cap post. :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. And burn the bike, for bending to the road's will so easily. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. nothing will withstand the uk's roads now. Cunts.

4. p.s. CUNTS

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Cheers @smudger

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m going to report it anyway @El Toro as it could kill someone. It’s massive and potentially very dangerous.

I will try my luck with a claim as a set of wheels is looking like £2000+

7. Jeremy Vine did a topic on “pot holes “ last week.

Jesus some terrible stories, cyclists being killed, or injured as well as damage to vehicles.

The point is, the cost to councils is apparently more for the repairs compared to the compensation pay outs. I forget how many millions ££££ they pay out each year in compensation.

But it’s terrible when we “road tax” payers are encountering daily risk on the queens highway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. You should absolutely report it, and absolutely press for compensation.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I was being picked on, and I still am :eek::innocent::yum

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. I think it's out of their control. We had an entire road resurfaced last year. Done properly too, they shut it for weeks and dug the whole lot up and laid new. It's started to break apart already.

There must be newer surfaces that we can explore, that will be cheaper to mantain and replace. Not to go all greenpeace, but maybe some made of recycled materials.

As it stands, I don't think they can maintain the repairs as the cost has spiralled beyond their budget's wildest dreams.

11. Get them re sprayed and pocket £1800 :yum

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. He’s a Yorkshireman

13. Shocking road conditions!. Hope you get it sorted ASAP.

14. Nope he’s got the whole forum at his feet for that. Exigesducatiforum.co.uk :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oooh, where do I subscribe :thinkingface:

16. The newish surface material that they use now is rubbish. It's great in theory, quiet and well draining because its porous. But as soon as a wet road freezes, it starts to break up. You can see it everywhere at the moment. I dinged two forged wheels a few years ago, but that was my own fault. My friendly local service agent got me a replacement set at a good price. (Just sayin' just in case you can't get the council to pay out.)

17. You’re already here :p

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. You also have tbe secondary pain that is the current trend to subcontract patch repairs. They pour a load of overbanding in there overnight and fill it up.

Job creation at its finest. Add to that utility companies doing bodge repairs.

Make sure you send everything, even down to copy of licence, tax comfirmation, registration proof etc as they’ll keep trying to drag it out if something is missing.

Good luck.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information