1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive First Ride Out Of The Year!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by kirks1989, Apr 8, 2018.

1. To be I’d rather not have had to go through the whole thing but if I can get the BST wheels cheaper, I can claim for less. Win win really!

Ducati have had the bike all day and confirmed that all the suspension etc is all ok thankfully. Due to the bike I was on saved a lot of damage to other components thankfully

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah, both wheels and tyres are f*$ked @bradders. Pics have been taken as tyre walls are damaged as well as the wheels.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Thankfully, being on a Hypermotard the shocks took a lot of the impact. And obviously the wheels and tyres. I reckon if I’d been on a sports bike I’d be in a bad way!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You have to claim for the OEM quote, then take the cheque dude - and then join my club :yum otherwise you will screw your claim :worried:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Shit man, thats even worse!! You can get some lightweight (road) ones for under 2k. I'll see if I can find the company that sells them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Just making sure they pay out ....

7. These would look pretty good on a multi @bradders

B387FD0E-7EE3-4CAB-84F8-58719F59119D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not sure about the rear, having one-sided spokes

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. These would look pretty good on a multi @bradders

They look like the same wheels as they fit to the MV Augusta Dragstar, I’m sure the look is deceiving. Lots of strength in them there wheels :)

10. before road repairs were subcontracted to 'price per fill contractors' the hole was cleaned, filled, compacted and sealed perimeter with tar. Now its tarmac chucked in and whacked down. Water runs straight in and blows at the first frost. These bastards should be held accountable, and repair teams put back on the books. Problem is the councils are all but broke, while taking more taxes than ever. Well they have been run well havent they? jail is the only place for the fat exec's. bastard cunts

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Mmmmmm assuming that your claim is all sorted ..... mmmmm can I buy your damaged wheels ..... just for a project, type thing, idea I have :thinkingface:

Plus, anyone know the phone number for Leicester County Council highways department ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Personally I'd avoid Carbon wheels, seen too many disintegrate over the years. If you insist on Carbon wheels look at Dymag. Would stick to either OZ or Marchesini tbh. However its just my opinion. For the value you could buy a set of Magnesiums instead. Anyway good luck with the outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well........ after 90 days, numerous emails, and the British summer nearly over, the council have finally admitted liability and have refunded me the full amount for damages!!

• Like Like x 8
  14. Not great but at least you got there in the end. Did they give you enough for repair or replacement of both wheels ??

15. Good result :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information