1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Opener... Ride Safe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rapide, Nov 28, 2017.

1. I do take offence. I've got 90,000 colleagues - each and everyone is a genius who I vouch for personally ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Yep...I've met her and her sister on the roads.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Magic roundabout is worstest!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And this is the Mk5 version at Heathrow....
    [​IMG]

4. You explained the truth to her?

5. This one is worse:

upload_2017-11-29_12-2-22.jpeg

upload_2017-11-29_12-2-39.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuck Me those look a real nightmare !!!

7. When they first installed the one at Heathrow it had one in the middle, but I can't find a picture. Eventually they had to get rid and filled it in with Grass and bushes.

8. I’ve an idea the wording is to give way to traffic already on the roundabout.
    If so, that’s not quite as simple as giving way to your right.

9. not surprised...standard of driving is abysmal......don't get me started on keeping to the left on motorways, tailgating, not giving way when vehicles parked on your side of the road, vacuous bints in Range Rovers, X5's, Minis, Fiat 500's and those vulgar X6/Merc GLE/Q7 things......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Always give priority to the traffic coming from the right, unless you have been directed otherwise by signs, road markings or traffic lights.
    It doesn't matter if it's on the roundabout or not.

Further I've had many discussions regarding the use of signals.
    You MUST always use your left and right signals regardless of which exit you are taking.
    Some people believe that is acceptable not to signal if you are going straight over, the only case where this would be acceptable is a mini roundabout where indicators would be more dangerous by giving a false indication, due to the very limited time you are in the junction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's not simple though, even if you follow that rule, there has to be a limit on how far away traffic needs to be before you don't need to give way and also speed of approaching traffic comes into it from a practical point of view.
    Judgements have to be made...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I’ve never really had an issue with the roundabout rules. I don’t tend to come across people pulling out either.

By far the worst one, and something I see all the time, are the roundabout straight-liners. Two lanes on and two lanes off, and the car in the left lane takes the straightest route the can and shuts the door on you.

22E42A51-D22E-4D77-9A7E-AD564BCCB920.jpeg

The pic shows how it should be done, but we all know that blue car is going straight into the red cars lane before cutting back across to their own.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. The problem with these roundabouts is it's very difficult to do car skids or bike knee down hooliganism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I’m afraid that the world is totally overpopulated. Worse than that , this overpopulation contains mainly fuckwits. These f-wits are incapable of doing pretty much any task in life that does not in some shape or form, impact someone else. This includes said f-wits negotiating roundabouts and the like.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. And the worst, even worse than motorway middle lane driving, won't move to the near side illegal fuckers is, the utter utter fuckwit apes that approach a roundabout and stop when there is fuck all coming..... Grrrrrrrrr !!!! :mad::punch::mad::punch:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Of course, I just wanted to put the important points across.
    You loose points on your advanced test if you give signals when there is no one to signal to.
    And before anyone starts you should be 360° aware so you know if there is anyone to signal to.

16. My friend has just come back from California and he was incandescent about them just sitting in the fast lane at 65mph... when all the other lanes are clear..... all five of them!
    You don't want to know what happened when he over took them on the inside... that's another story and thread!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. God damn it this happens to me all the time. Just this morning some woman in a Mini Cooper S cut me up and made me move so far over. As always she was completely oblivious! Didn’t even seem to know I was there! Keep in your lane you shitty bastards! Terrifying that they don’t see a big red car let alone a motorbike easily lost in their giant blind spots with their stupid stylish cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The worst are men on their cell phones.
    Pull over, finish your conversation THEN drive like a man.

*edited because of racist comment

#39 Faith, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information