1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye Opener... Ride Safe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rapide, Nov 28, 2017.

1. See post #58 young bloke !! :upyeah::cool:

2. not IMO :) it's not 2005 - disks ..WTF? there are plenty of ways of prevent automated scripting and people cheating the system? you want people to know the answers; they are written in a little book called the highway code after all. Standards should be much higher, but there is already a standard that people are tested against, they can and do fail. I think we can agree it isn't high enough and conditions have changed since you and i passed our test and it needs updating. I hate being a passenger with most people, and i found the M25 drive this morning fecking infuriating.. it's got to have the worst lane discipline in the country. I reckon fuckwits added 30 mins to my journey time.

I'll happily admit i have developed some bad habits over the years. Whilst sitting the theory test (DA course this year) I discovered a road sign i didn't know existed - minimum speed limit, who'd have thunk it! There is always something new to learn, and although i thought some of the content in the speed awareness course (a few years ago) for example was shite, in that it over emphasised the role of speed in accidents, which i felt undermined it, some of it was interesting. Continuous education and perhaps incentivising people with lower insurance or other benefits for developing and demonstrating their skills might be an angle worth looking at.. I'm not suggesting you have to pay for a retest every 5 years.. Given the economic cost of accidents and congestion an education programme roll out would very quickly pay for itself even with a small improvement.

3. i hope you are going to report the camera van that was doing 90

I passed a camera van at 90 yesterday. oops.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  4. I nearly had a head in with one of these the other morning,he was driving on my side of the road,twat.
    [​IMG]

5. Was chatting with a bloke the other day. He has ridden bikes for years. He works abroad but rides a BMW R1100RT when he is home, usually with his missus on the back. He was explaining to me how the back brake is for stopping and the front brake is for holding the bike in place at the lights.

I danced around the subject for a bit, to see if he was pulling my leg. He wasn't.

If you are in the West Country, watch out for this guy, he is basically sitting on top of an unguided missile.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He's right inne :worried:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. what the hell is that?

8. Wiseman drives with frosty windscreen glasshopper :)

9. lol, I was struggling with that one, doh, cheers!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information