1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F***k*** Cyclists

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by J biker, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Not another horse riding, hobby cyclist veggie, gee's you lot are everywhere!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. It's not your lucky day is it :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Somebody made the mistake of making them think they were entitled to the entire road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not really, that might be the case in London and the jostling is (an unpleasant) part of getting from A-B however you travel in London. Up here though we have quieter roads, winding lanes and the holier-than-thou attitude from the cyclists is downright dangerous; coming against them running red lights on single-lane humpbacked bridges, "pelotons" playing chicken with tractors and combine harvesters... they're worse than lemmings...

If you don't expect the unexpected round here you're going to end up tangled in the business end of a piece of farm machinery, so we do... the bicycle enthusiasts are worse than the cars, tractors, horses and HGV road users in terms of adhering to the rules of the road, and applying common sense / defensive technique to their riding. They're a danger to themselves, a lot of them.

London is a very different case, so that might readily explain the different perspective. The "chill" comments are reasonable but when you're regularly following a dozen vehicles at 10mph up a narrow hill with a cyclist, who's oblivious to everything going on behind them, carrying on without a care in the world for other road users then that's very different to an urban situation with bike lanes etc. It's very frustrating and not really very practical, even tractors pull over when there's a queue behind but never have I seen a lycra warrior do similar.

In general I agree that it's a big world and we should all share it respectfully, but respect is a two-way affair and I see very little of it coming from the burgeoning cycling community towards other road users, including pedestrians.

(also I don't (often) dress like a power ranger, I think it's a bit... special)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Typical London cockwomble cyclist on this vid. Thinks he's on a motorbike and can power underneath a lorry :joy:.

I love the arguments... "it's London and we all do that".

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. IT'S LONDON !!! Like the driver should bloody well know in London, that bikes in the lane to go left, always go straight on. FFS mate, its London, did you not know thats how we roll. What a cock !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. This is quite eye opening ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Seen that before. Mental that something is allowed on the road with blind spots like that.

Was alongside a new one the other day and noticed it had cameras on the sides. Should be a requirement.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Does give a feasible excuse to run down cyclists though so win win :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. until cyclists have compulsory insurance, and have a registration plate so that they are identifiable then problems will exist as there are no consequences to their actions

probably 80% of them are fine, its the other 20% that people remember who cause problems

lack of police on the roads does not assist the problem either

and to put everything on a level footing if cyclists don't have to wear helmets why should motorcyclists in a built up area they face exactly the same risks at similar speeds

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FFS @Wayne58 it's yer biffon, not yer bollocks! maybe that's where the cyclists round your way are going wrong, they put biffon cream on their nads and are all too excited to ride in a sensible way.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. It's the way the same people driving a car obey all the rules but once they don their lycra feel free to blast through red lights that gets to me.
    Had one approaching me as I wanted to pull out and was good and waited rather than pulling out in front of him. Then the pedestrian lights went red and I stopped but he just carried on.
    What really got to me was that he was choosing to cycle on the road where there is a cycle path for him. He would contend that it is his right to cycle on the road even if there's a cycle path but he feels free to break the law while doing so.
    Grrrrr....

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. cyclist-meme.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Cyclists will stop and have a picnic anywhere....

IMG_2807.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. We can take a lycra knob. We can take a horse knob. Hell, we can even take a Harley knob.

But veggie?! Best you leave right now, son :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Serious point: how do you watch them? Focussing on a screen seems to take far more effort and resource than on a missive as a glance.

Side cameras and similar only work if 100% attention can be given to them.

18. True, you can take in far less from a glance at a screen compared to actually looking.

I do remember watching one of those news VT bits, that showed cameras on a lorry being used to make a kind of VR glass cab style thing similar to what some fancy military helicopters get (to see through the floor).

I quite like this system for safer overtakes though. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.autoblog.com/amp/2015/06/25/samsung-see-through-truck-technology/

19. I despair when I read threads like this.........not so much for the slagging off of a group of road users that motorcyclist have much in common with (vulnerability, minority road users, subject to similar hazards etc), but for the sheer anger and rage that comes across in some posts.

Jeez - chill out guys.........heart attack and stroke city are calling........breathe in to the count of 4, breathe out to the count of 6.....and relax.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Oh c'mon. It said at the start tongue in cheek. Join in and have a laugh, take things a bit less seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information